Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Clarify the RP servers "Don't speak about what you logically don't know" rule?
(07-30-2020, 11:24 AM)Adhara In Space Wrote: https://wiki.ss13.co/User:Adhara_In_Space/RP-Primer
some stuff i wrote with some other rp nerds a while ago

This is some good shit right here.

But my complaint remains - if a Chaplain isn't on the station, then knowledge of how to combat a Wraith / Vamp becomes obscured and players will have to bend (and sometimes break) their IC knowledge. 

Sometimes it isn't even about the Chaplains existence either. To provide an actual in game occurrence, I recall asking a Chaplain how to ward off ghosts on the station. His reply? "Faith will save you, my son!". Was he wrong? Well yes, but we're talking about IC knowledge here, so he was justified in his response. 

For syndicate, revs, spy thieves, nuke ops, etc, there could be educational posters up. For Wraiths and Vamps, Wizards and various creepy crawlies, there could be a book in the chapel that could be referred to.
For ling and blobs, something in the RD's office. Etc etc etc.

Not the entire wiki breakdown, but just a hint of their existence.

You see where I'm going with this. Take those good ideas and enshrine them in game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clarify the RP servers "Don't speak about what you logically don't know" rule? - by Sundance - 07-30-2020, 11:52 AM