Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Clarify the RP servers "Don't speak about what you logically don't know" rule?
This... doesn't happen as often as people would like Aft, at least from my perspective. This is especially obvious with the larger player count.

The Wraith salting in particular doesn't come from an RP perspective. It's done spontaneously.

This puts the onus on specific individuals to effectively control the RP, as they see fit. This isn't something we should be doing, these players aren't admins. There are rounds where there's no HoS. There are rounds where there is no AI. There's rounds where there's no Chaplain. There are rounds with little to no Command structure other than the Captain. There's rounds where there is a command structure, but they're completely inept. 

I've always taken the stance where if something cannot be effectively controlled from an IC perspective, then we can enshrine in some other format. 

Which is why I feel a ~TOP SECRET~ Printout could work here. Give Command the bare bones. No Command? Well then another player can retrieve this print out by simply entering the bridge. 

But here's where things get interesting. If there is an effective Command, and they are debriefed with this printout, then its in their best interests (as per instruction from the printout) to keep this on the down low. This also gives justification for Command meetings, which provides more interesting RP. 

Hell, this could even be a drip fed thing. There could be a second printout which provides more information on the various antagonists one might face, later in the round.

To tie this back in with the OP, because this is ~TOP SECRET~ then if a player comes to security or Command and provides info that they should not know, then Security/Command could have an IC reason for being suspicious of that player. Why do they know these things? Are they in cahoots? Did someone tell them of the ~TOP SECRET~ document? 

I agree that players should stay in their lane. I just feel there should be a medium that enables players to do so.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clarify the RP servers "Don't speak about what you logically don't know" rule? - by Sundance - 07-29-2020, 07:11 AM