Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Clarify the RP servers "Don't speak about what you logically don't know" rule?
I think the best way to handle this is to let those who would realistically know even a bit about the issue speak. With the Wraith example, the chaplain should 100% be the source of all information, as well as the AI (though the AI knows a bit about everything, but I can extend upon this later with how I personally do things). With the poison bottle example and syndie traitor gear, the HoS would be the source of this information, but again, not fully complete.

Regarding the AI, however, I would personally say that the AI can access this information *as needed*, with self-imposed limitations, such as factual inaccuracies, a time delay between when the information is necessary and when it is actually produced, and not having all the info. With changelings, for example, I give a good deal of info on them, as well as junk info like species designation and population count, but not everything - I mention a 'Evolutionary Contigency' or something, strongly implying that *something* happens upon death, but I don't specify or even know what (as in, I as the AI don't know about headspiders). I should also note that, as AI, you should not take priority over the word of whoever has authority on the topic, unless they're not saying anything or are obviously incompetent (maybe im biased as an ai main but shut up). If the Research Director says that vampires can see through walls, even if you know they can't, just assume what they're saying is true if it at least sounds plausible.

I also think that this info shouldn't be spouted over the general comms unless absolutely necessary (rampager, etc.). The goal is to let those responsible for fighting the threat have some understanding of what they're working against, but crew not involved should absolutely not be aware unless explained to. As has been said again and again, STAY IN YOUR LANE.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clarify the RP servers "Don't speak about what you logically don't know" rule? - by aft2001 - 07-29-2020, 06:39 AM