Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Add a sub-forum for idea megathreads.
I would make megathreads myself, but I'm not really sure if that's a good idea as a non-mod. Also with how fast they would (ideally) go, it might be a good idea to put them somewhere seperate from the "big" idea threads. Rapid-fire ideas of a certain type seem to be well-liked, and often useful. But they're often burried in the ideas forum and forgotten. Having their own section with probably not many threads would hopefully help with this. It would also cut down on the spammy threads in this forum that are a single, short idea that do not warrent a full thread. It would also ideally make it easier to sort through a bunch of ideas relating to a certain thing. IE, if you want ideas for gang items to code, you go straight to the forum that lists lots of gang items.

It also might be a good idea to organize it more than the current ideas forum. Maybe have only mods able to make entire threads or something, and a meta one for people to propose new threads. If it's just anarchy it will probably get flooded with "pointless" megathreads that don't need to exist and clutter up the forum.

Some megathreads to shoot off ideas that I think might be a good idea would be:
  • Traitor items.
  • Wizard spells.
  • The aforementioned meta thread.
  • Gang items.
  • Ling and vampire abilities.
  • Chemicals.
  • Plants.
  • NPC robots.
  • PDA and TermOS programs.
  • Blob structures.
  • Possibly moving the "ideas of questionable quality" thread to here.
  • Random events.
  • New equipment for certain jobs.
  • Loot to be acquired different ways. (Adventure zones, cargo, trader, etc.)
  • Existing equipment for certain jobs.
this is a good idea!! i think that megathreads tend to get lost and having them be persistent in one place would be very nice