Moonlol's mentor application
Usual character name: Edgar Palmer, F.L.O.C.K
BYOND username: Moonlol
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Moonlol#3906
Recommended by (if applicable): adhara, TTerc, tarmunora
Goon servers you play: goon2

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
  I started to play ss13 way back in the summer of 2014 judging by my byond account age. I first late joined goonstation (fishmedal) on december 18th 2014. I first began playing on yogstation as it was the highest pop server at the time. Eventually I moved to tg, this was around the time I began to play goon. I kept ping ponging between these two servers until I stayed on goon. A few months later sometime in 2015, I took a break from ss13. I only came back briefly for a few rounds when oshan launched. In the following years I completely forgot about ss13, only in the late summer of 2019 (around September ish) I remembered about ss13. I decided to pop onto goon for a few rounds, remembering all the fun times I decided to stay.

When I first played the game I tried to learn the game by myself as much as i could, As a result I would often feel really lost in what I was meant to do or how I was supposed to do something. I never used mentorhelp because I feared I would bother someone or that I wouldn't get a response. I didn't use it once until I came back. However with time I managed to grasp the basics of the game, and from there the rest is history. I began  learning the departments with botany, cargo and mining. I found roles like medical doctor harder as there was not any progression. I shied away from scientist due to a lack of direction. Eventually I learned all roles apart from command and security.

I want to become a mentor to make sure new players won't be as lost as I was and also to make sure all their questions are answered. I think it would be good to be able to give back to them, and make sure the godforsaken 6 years of my life I've put into this game do not go to waste.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
None
I'll just leave my +1 and say that Moonlol not being a mentor is a mistake that should be fixed as soon as possible

Tons of knowledge and a great personality overall
The fact that moonlol never put up an app before now is a travesty. Cool nerd who knows their shit +1
THE BIGGEST TRAVESTY OF ALL IS THIS NERD DMING TO ASK IF I COULD BE PUT AS A RECC AND THEN NOT PUTTING ME AS A RECC! *glare

But yes Edgar Palmer is a very knowledgeable nerd with proficiency in a lot of areas all around. Definitely purple this nerd.
About dang time. Moonlol is truly excellent both in and out of the game, and I can hardly think of anyone more deserving of the purple badge.

+1
Took you long enough! +1
What will they be bullied in the Discord for next?
+1
+1 About fucking time :P
Making derpy pikachu purple was long overdue.
This is like the star citizen of mentor apps
good app, i am not being held at flock-point to say this :]

jokes aside moonlols good at communicating, and wont abusr the meta privelages. also he knows a bit more than your average noob, so i think he will do fine.
I don't know Moonlol very well outside of discord interactions, but they are always helping people when they can on Discord and contributing a lot of spare time to brainstorms and coding ideas.
didn't put me down as recommendation, you absolute buffoon

+1
Thumbs Up 
yes, good

Also how dare you not include me in the recommendations