Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ghost Drone Minigame/QoL Changes
Summary
Allow Ghost Drones to earn a special resource called Good Boy Points by servicing the station in helpful ways. These allow them to buy cosmetics and small upgrades for themselves by interacting with the charging stations (similar to how borgs can do these things through the docks.)

Things that earn Good Boy Points: 
  • Removing broken tiles 
  • Reinforcing floors 
  • Reinforcing walls 
  • Adding new scanned items to the ruck 
  • Getting head pats from different crew members

Things they can buy with Good Boy Points: 
  • H A T S 
  • New facial expressions, perhaps popular emoticons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Alternative Ghost Drone skins 
  • Small upgrades that help them in general: 
  1. Longer lasting batteries 
  2. Movement speed increase 
  3. Durability increase 
  4. Faster construction speed 
  5. A flashing rainbow screen to improve morale

Tiny QoL changes I just thought of:
Please let the hats turn with the Ghost Drone. A lot of them sit on the face of the ghost drone and not on the top of their heads and it looks ridiculous, too.
"Good Boy Points"

... Yeah, nice try.
This thread was inspired by someone calling me a good boy for fixing things. We could always change it, the name's really not that important.
nah i totally like the Good boy points, perhaps a few more upgrades, but yeah this seems like it could be cool
As someone who likes spending odd rounds as a ghost drone building extensions to the station, I'm all for random upgrades.

Hats and faces seem like something most would enjoy.  Could add the rainbow screen or pick two to pulse between to create more unique appearances.

A self-recharging battery would be a handy upgrade as well.  Getting access to the floor tile appearance changing item would be welcome too.

Skins could have some classic options like that stupid robot from The Black Hole.  Or change some classics like making a cybernetic martian.

The drone emotes are also limited, and buying new/unique ones is something I could see.
Points are fine. But "Good Boy Points" is a gross, kinda bad meme.
Call em "Samaritans"
I like the idea (Minus the name), giving drones optional objectives sounds like fun