Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
prevent oshan hotspots from spawning directly under the station
it's never fun when you're on oshan (which we have been a lot recently) and the game decides that spawning 2-3 hotspots directly underneath the station is a great idea. moving them is an arcane art that can only be correctly performed by those gifted by the great sages of crungledon, so it more or less is just a permanent problem that destroys your department and makes it uninhabitable within the first 15 minutes. please just... stop them from spawning right under the station. i thought they couldn't before, as i've only seen this happen recently, but apparently it very much can happen and it sucks please save oshan
At least not stacks, yeah.
if they are spawning under the station that's a bug, we had this same thread + a fix a long while ago

if this isn't happening commonly, my guess is there is a possibility of getting really unlucky spawns where hotspots spawn outside the station but nearby, are stacking, and are drifting towards the station on round start
I can't say I've had one 50-60 minute Oshan round that didn't have some department scorched up from hot spots like EVER. They are a serious issue and with how often Oshan has been getting picked recently (Way too much IMO, like almost any round when I'm on) it's definitely something that needs fixing.
Alternatively - do this but allow traitors to lure the hotspot under the station....
My understanding of  hotspots are so limited that I don't even know if this is on purpose. 

I've sent out warrants to engineers specifically because I've felt they're creating hotspots under the station.

If this is a case that's completely out of their control, then I'm a huge idiot.
Unless things were changed pretty recently, I really can't say that this has been a common occurence for me on oshan. Like, rarely there might be a 1x1 fireflash somewhere, but even that hardly ever seems to happen to me.
Recent Oshan Round on 3 - we had THREE hotspots drift into arrivals within a few minutes of roundstart, then start overlapping and we spent a solid half the shift un-screwing arrivals\customs area.

I don't think they were inside the station on roundstart, but based on their trajectories + timing, they had to have been at most 3 tiles outside of Radio or Arrival at round start.  Made lowpop pretty... FUN for the engineer and almost killed people on arrival.