Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Even out specialty traitor items!
There's an absolute crapton of traitor items for certain jobs and they continue to get more submissions. We really need to either flesh out the other jobs that only have like 2-4, or just make everything open access and trust people to choose things in a decent fashion.

Do we have a list of what jobs have how many specialty traitor items? Do those items make sense? (IIRC, mechanics get power gloves - which is very much an ENGINEERING thing and only borderline in their job purview.)
Did someone ask for a list!?!

Detective - 2 (AP Ammo, Advanced Thermal Scanner)

Research Director - 3 (Chemi Compiler, Grenade Kit, Teleport Gun)
Science - 2 (Chemi Compiler, Grenade Kit)

Medical Director - 6 (Syringe Gun, Safari Kit, Stimulants, Mindslave Cloner, Poison Bottle, Safari Kit)
Medical Doctor - 5 (Syringe Gun, Safari Kit, Stimulants, Mindslave Cloner, Poison Bottle)
Geneticist - 4 (Stimulants, Mindslave Cloner, Speed Injector, Barrel Of Monkeys)
Roboticist - 2 (Robot Frame, Robot Converter)
Note: Both versions of the mindslave cloner are one item for this list.

Engineer - 3 (Syndie Cargo Teleporter, Pickpocket Gun, Power Gloves)
Mechanic - 3 (Syndicate Device Analyzer, Pickpocket Gun, Power Gloves)
Quartermaster - 1 (Syndie Cargo Teleporter)
Miner - 2 (Syndie Cargo Teleporter, Mining Charge Hacker)

Chef - 4 (Hot Dog Bomb, Syndicate Sauce, Syndicate Donk Pockets, Butchers Knife)
Barman - 6 (Syringe Gun, Syndicate Sauce, Poison Bottle, Jug of Moonshine, Extra Large Shot Glasser, Lawn Darts)
Janitor - 3 (Port-a-Puke, Syndicate Cleaning Grenades, Trash Compactor)
Chaplain - 2 (Faustian Barter Kit, Mini-Bible)
Botanist - 5 (Red Chainsaw, Kudzu Seed, Maneater Seed, Wasp Grenades, Wasp Crossbow)
Staff Assistant - 7 (Pickpocket Gun, Barrel of Monkeys, Amplified Vuvuzela, Mustache Grenade, Mini-bible, Kudzu Seed, Lawn Darts)
Clown - 11 (!) (Pickpocket Gun, Clown Car, Cursed Clown Mask, Trick Revolver, Chameleon Bomb, Boom Boots, Hot Dog Bomb, Amplified Vuvuzela, Mustache Grenade, Mini-Bible, Lawn Darts)

Sous Chef - 1 (WHY!?!  Just give it the chef loadout!!!) (Hot Dog Bomb)
Test Subject - 1 (Barrel of Monkeys)
Mailman - 1 (Syndicate Mailman Suit (MAILMAN ONLY WHY!?!?!))
Mailman already spawns with a suit that can use the mailboxes,...

So...ehm..........why should a traitor Mailman buy a suit that does exactly the same?

Cheaper chameleon bombs that can just disguise as colorful presents would be a nice mailman traitor item.
Staff assistant should always get a random mix of other ones
I'd say make all of them available to everyone. I strongly doubt that a, say, Clown would get a Speed Injector.
Everything available to everyone sounds boring.
See this is why adding a new clown item seems to always be questionable, no matter how cool it seems. They already have a shitload. Give other people some cool toys.
I think giving the detective some fun ammo types might be an option, what if they got subsonic ammunition that just didn't play a firing sound (Or a muted one that could be easily mistaken as another sound), Snakeshot ammunition for increased hit probability when blind firing down a hallway, AP Stun rounds for Borg smacking and vest crushing or even confetti ammo for celebrating a victory
Again like. Can we have a megathread for these ideas?
If every job had access to every job specific traitor item then that would kinda undermine the use of the Surplus Crate I'd think.
I find job specific syndicate items to be a very good and purposeful design choice. It helps balance out alot of the weaker jobs (EG Captain and HoP having no job specific items while Janitors, Clowns, Chefs have quite a few), balances the stronger items (making the teleport gun all access would be run into the ground so quickly) and makes playing a different jobs very unique.

I do however think we should work on adding more deadly or useful Syndicate items as in personaly opinion, outside of the current "meta", we have very little non-gimmicky Syndicate items.
(07-26-2020, 06:43 AM)DJ-Fireball_did_this Wrote: See this is why adding a new clown item seems to always be questionable, no matter how cool it seems. They already have a shitload. Give other people some cool toys.

Go ahead code some traitor item - no one is stopping you. Most likely it will get accepted if it is decent.

You cannot force people to code something...so if your desire is that large...go for it. smile
I mean on the ideas forum. In codeland there doesn't seem to be much of a drive to give clowns a shitload of items.
(07-26-2020, 08:49 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: If every job had access to every job specific traitor item then that would kinda undermine the use of the Surplus Crate I'd think.

Surplus crates tend to give you more items than the TC cost and can be fun when you want a challenge. Then you wind up figuring out the best possible antics using duct tape, hidden storage, a kudzu seed, bowling kit, pickpocket gun, and agent ID or some other weird mix. I personally LOVE the surplus crate and will almost always choose it unless I feel like nuking the station.
Why are the boom boots a clown only item anyways?