Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
make kudzu people evil
Slow down/weaken natural kudzu growth, make kudzu men evil and defend/grow their kudzu. 

Fighting kudzu is not fun; it's better now that the tile size was limited but that doesn't make it better to fight. Just doesn't take over the station by itself.

I would like to see kudzu seeds make a small, easily destroyable area but the kudzu people it spawns aggressively defend it. Would make it less of a drop it and forget it item to make a problem for the station, to something you want to place with a lot of corpses or even nurture by murdering people and feeding it. Maybe make it so kudzu by itself does not grow enough to block movement; that's something kudzu people have to make.

I really like the idea of kudzu people, but right now it feels like your job is to prevent kudzu from spreading more. It feels weird that something made by a traitor item is geared towards stopping the traitor item from doing damage.

I think kudzu would be more fun if the main challenge was the enemies it spawns (other players) rather than clicking on tiles with welder.
yeah, this would be cool.
As it stands, all kudzu does is be in the way, blocking off areas, and stoping people from getting around, for example, a medical doctor dragging a crit person to medbay, with kudzu in the way, The chances of the person dieing are higher if they cant get to medbay fast enough
The problem with making kudzu people evil is that 50% of the playerbase will take any chance they get to become an antagonist just for the sake of murderboning (see: gang rounds), so if we make kudzu people an antagonist then every time kudzu is used half the station will immediately suicide into kudzu to become an antagonist then murder everyone who didn't.
I always assumed blocking off areas annoyingly instead of anything directly dangerous was like, the entire point of kudzu.
(07-23-2020, 11:04 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: The problem with making kudzu people evil is that 50% of the playerbase will take any chance they get to become an antagonist just for the sake of murderboning (see: gang rounds), so if we make kudzu people an antagonist then every time kudzu is used half the station will immediately suicide into kudzu to become an antagonist then murder everyone who didn't.

That's a very good point, but I still think that kudzu as an antagonist item is in a very weird place right now. What benefit does it give to the traitor botanist anyway? Before kudzumen kudzu could take over an entire station and that had the huge effect of... really annoying people. Sure, you had to carry a cutting tool and belt hell was broken, but outside of that it didn't do much. Now kudzu is in this weird place where it is still annoying but has side benefits? I know there are crappy gimmick traitor items but in terms of strangeness and "what is the goal of this item anyways?" kudzu takes the cake.
Okay what if

The source of kudzu growth had a special plant that grew a fruit. Eating the fruit made Kudzu men loyal to the consumer

Traitor botanist grows the kudzu, eats the fruit, and then tries to stop anyone else from eating it
I know that self antagging stuff is always iffy, I agree on that. I think that kudzu men have limitations that deter from that though. If you're not on kudzu, you die really fast. I think it's ten toxin damage every couple seconds? I'm not sure, but I remember it hurting. If you want to get to something, you have to spread kudzu, which is the goal anyways. I wouldn't mind if they couldn't use computers or some other things either.

The only time I get kudzu seeds is from surplus crates, and I don't usually use them. It just feels like it makes people want to call the shuttle sooner rather than fight it if it really gets out of hand.

I like stuff that has a zone you want to hang about in and defend. I also think the drops from fire elementals and other antag critters are really cool too. A fruit that did something like that would be neat.
(07-24-2020, 03:00 PM)Dickles Wrote: I know that self antagging stuff is always iffy, I agree on that. I think that kudzu men have limitations that deter from that though. If you're not on kudzu, you die really fast.  I  think it's ten toxin damage every couple seconds? I'm not sure, but I remember it hurting. If you want to get to something, you have to spread kudzu, which is the goal anyways. I wouldn't mind if they couldn't use computers or some other things either.

If you want to know how far some people go to self antag, during spacemas there are STILL people who kill all the space seals to drop cheer to 0 then suicide to become krampus, because some people would rather be an antagonist meatcube than a non-antagonist human.