Boxta -- Box ta; Mentor app
Usual character name: Box ta
BYOND username: Boxta
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Baddusername#8587
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goon2

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
[b]I've been playing on goon for a decent amount of time, (2 months, 3 months in 3 days as of posting), and have a fairly good grasp on the mechanics, and feel I could teach new players, as we have been getting a lot recently. I also feel I could help older players with new tips and tricks. I try to teach core mechanics when I can to new players and older players alike. I have experience in most departments, and can help with the more advanced parts of said mechanics, (Packets, Telesci, genetics), I have been admin before on a few Gmod servers, and try to maintain a friendly atmosphere. I have advanced experience in medical, science, and botany/chef departments, knowing what chemicals do what, surgery and other interesting mechanics. I also have knowledge in some of the more obscure tips and tricks. Things that other players might not know, and or might just need a bit of help in. I also have a little bit of AI experience, but can mostly understand AI laws. I try as best I can to be helpful when I get questions asked, and try and explain things as best I can, while not just explaining everything that needs to be done. While it can take me a while to grasp concepts, I mostly learn the base mechanics quickly, and then try to learn the more advanced concepts. While i don't have tip top experience in most departments, i am always happy to learn new mechanics, and other tips and tricks i might not have known. I am always happy to chat. On a more touchy side, I used to work for a mental health clinic, and have some experience in helping with that, Sometimes it's nice just to have a chat with another person.
[/b]

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Two, both for being to reckless with explosives and fire as a nonantag
Though I may not have much authority on the matter, I'll speak of what I've seen on Boxta.

I haven't worked with him personally. From what I've seen he's most-often doing his job, stoically.
Hell and fire raining down, this guy's getting shit done. Does well under stress, doesn't get pissy, just works™.
He'll definitely help when he sees the opportunity, as it's appropriate.
He's very reliable at whatever he does. SEC, Mechanics, Telesci, Genetics, Roboticist. When you see him you just know the department is going to run smoothly. Whatever happens he's often one of the last cogs in the machine turning to keep the department going.

My personal interactions with him have been as SEC Most-often I see him helping crew, going out of his way to teach new players Medbay & Telesci.
He was efficient, Kindly, reliable and shows interest in learning new things continually. This was very apparent and obvious to me.

Though the two bans for being "reckless with explosives...as nonantag" within the span of 3 months may give eyebrows a raise, understandably.
Personally I think it'd be a trivial matter to be more careful with or outright avoid (as non-antag) bombs/fire in the future.

A Yes from me!
I've se en box ta often but haven't interacted with him much.

My only interaction I can remember was when I deluxe mindslaved him, which he ignored. When called out on it he ratted me out to the crew. That was about two or three weeks ago I reckon.

I can't support a mentor application. To me, to be trusted with the mentor tools, you need to be able to follow the rules.
This application has been denied due to insufficient support. We encourage you to consider applying at a later date!