Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Nightshade post) Idea for helping make Conspirator rounds more fun for conspirators
Hey gang, I'm a player from Tomato's nightshade servers, and I just got done playing as a conspirator and have some feedback/suggestions for it. One of the mentors suggested that I post my idea here. During the round, it honestly felt like me and my fellow conspirators could more or less do what we wanted. Sec/normal crew members weren't really looking for us, so we pretty much had free reign to just make and distribute our drugs in peace. 

I was thinking that maybe security and maybe even the heads could get some sort of notification or fax at round start for conspirator rounds that basically say something to the effect of "Nanotrasen/Centcomm has reports that a conspiracy is afoot! Be vigilant!" That way, us conspirators would have more of a feeling of being in danger, rather than just being able to do as we pleased all round. 

Just as a note, this is purely from an RP server perspective.
The big thing with that particular instance is that Secs and Heads don't give a shit about drugs, and while it would be reasonable when there's more important things going on, there have been too many cases where my fellow sec officers complained about having nothing to do almost immediately after someone broadcasted "Free Drugs in Science/Botany".

The setting is people come onto the station to do a job, so it wouldn't be that unreasonable even for something as harmless as weed to be considered illegal without a medical permit since it has been known to negatively affect productivity.

If you're Sec, encourage other officers to yell at people for minor crimes when nothing is happening. Anything as little as purposefully spilling water on the floor is an excuse to start an RP conversation. If you're a Head, discourage people from drug use and report anyone who is using or distributing it. Fire your people if you can and get the HoP, HoS, or captain to give them an embarrasing job. If you're neither, report them for doing obviously anti-productive things.

People tend to forget that on an RP server they're pretending to do things in an environment where doing drugs are generally frowned upon.

I know some of the conspiracy stuff involves much nastier things (causing "accidents" for example), and this could be a really good way to shut those down before they can happen, though I do understand the frustration.