Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Limit "Call Shuttle" Ion Law
When ion storms strike do not let this particular variant occur until after the 45 minute mark. It was called before half and hour and despite yelling for a recall no one did.

Yes this is a kneejerk. Yes, it still is a good change.
TBH if no one bothers to recall it then that's the law change serving its intended purpose, to troll and end the round early. Laws are supposed to be inconvenient. If kill all humans can happen early, so can shuttle calls imo. Might make it only happen with two or more heads alive though.
I can see it pissing off stealthy antags but I dunno if it should be removed. If shuttle gets called people should be yelling over the radio about WHY DID SHUTTLE GET CALLED RECALL IT NOW till it gets recalled or the people yelling get murderized.
A lot of 'recall the shuttle!' occurred but all the heads were MIA. They could have been newbies or gone braindead. I agree that this wouldn't typically be a big issue but with the new players it does cost antags rounds where they are trying to do something stealthy or, in my case, something that required some setup time.
Ehh then thats just plain bad luck I suppose. Nothing you can really do about it. The antags should have gotten head ID access before the heads disappeared if they wanted to recall the shuttle.
(07-20-2020, 05:49 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Ehh then thats just plain bad luck I suppose. Nothing you can really do about it. The antags should have gotten head ID access before the heads disappeared if they wanted to recall the shuttle.

Hard disagree there. It was an unforeseen event and we want to encourage as many methods of traitoring as possible without making 'mug heads for ID in case of 20 minute ion law' part of the checklist.
I agree with Erev. There's already more than enough things other antags can do that can cut your antag round short before you get to do "your thing". I don't see a reason to keep a random event in that list, especially a random event that doesn't even cause interesting station damage.
This is busybody work like the lights exploding randomly, just occurring for the sake of it when there is tons of ways it could occur naturally.

To put simply - it's just not fun. The 45 min restriction seems reasonable.
45 mins doesn't really serve the purpose of the law. I dunno if it's "not fun" as the AI can get a grin out of it. Maybe add a way for the crew to vote override an ai shuttle call.
Yeah, the idea of the Ion calling the shuttle just isn't very fun from my perspective. What if, instead, it initiated a fake shuttle call, where when the shuttle arrives, it's actually a "fake shuttle" filled with either critters and violent npcs OR it would allow dead players to re-join the round as antags, perhaps a group of syndicate operatives (Traitors/Conspirators) got re-routed to the station and would have the duration of the flight to plan their assault?

Either that or I propose it get removed, as other Ion Storm events are actually fun and this one is just an early shuttle call
(07-24-2020, 11:20 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Yeah, the idea of the Ion calling the shuttle just isn't very fun from my perspective. What if, instead, it initiated a fake shuttle call, where when the shuttle arrives, it's actually a "fake shuttle" filled with either critters and violent npcs OR it would allow dead players to re-join the round as antags, perhaps a group of syndicate operatives (Traitors/Conspirators) got re-routed to the station and would have the duration of the flight to plan their assault?

A fake emergency shuttle full of mobs arrive if the fake shuttle isn't recalled? See, now that sounds fun. The crew then either has to fight off the mobs or survive long enough to call a real emergency shuttle to GTFO. I like that.
Bonus points if it just crashes into a random point on the station