PissOffMate18 (Henry Yablinski) Mentor Application
Usual character name: Henry Yablinski
BYOND username: PissOffMate18
Discord username (if you are on our discord): aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa#9664 (Henry Y, Smooth Brain)
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goon2

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
I've been playing Space Station 13 for a while (not sure exactly, definitely over a year) now, and the vast majority of that time has been spent here on Goon. I remember my first time playing was very difficult. The interface was confusing and I found myself very intimidated. But, once I got the controls down a little more and started learning roles I fell in love. I'd never played a game with such depth before and it baffled me how much there was (and still is) to learn.

Over the course of learning the basics, I relied on the mentors. They're always there to provide information to players who would otherwise cease to make progress. Once I had learned the basics and was beginning to explore the game more on my own, I inadvertently ended up spending some rounds coaching new players. It was a really good feeling, seeing someone just getting started learning something that you yourself enjoy.

As far as game experience goes I'm versed in Botany, Engineering/Mechanics, and mostly Science. In Engineering/Mechanics I focus on hellburning (duh), mechcomp, and network/packet wizardry. In Science I focus around chemistry, telescience, and toxins (there's just something about that airless lab, cut off from the hullabaloo of the station that I find relaxing). Although I've not spent such great lengths of time I've also got experience playing Medical, Cargo, and Barman/Chef.

To wrap this up with a nice little bow, I love this game and I love the people that play it. I've spent more time than I ever intended playing this game and learning in the process. Even through all the time I've spent playing, there's still so much I don't know. I doubt I'll ever know every single mechanic of this game, but I don't mind that one bit. To me, learning and interacting is the fun part of this game, and I would love to assist players in doing both.  smile

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
1 temporary ban for building a giant loafing machine and very specifically instructing an antag how to unleash the fury within it (which is exactly what happened).
Henry Y the sci nerd is a good peep and knows their stuff. I have good faith that they'd make an excellent mentor.

Yes
I remember Henry being the person to take the time to teach me toxins when I was really new. He made sure to explain things clearly and concisely, I think he'd make an awesome mentor. A good egg. +1.
Henry is very knowledgeable, well versed, and kind, and I kind of assumed they were already a mentor. +1
Seem to remember good knowledgeable interactions with them on borgo. +1
Have definitely seen them be helpful and friendly, would make a good mentor.