Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gang needs to be reworked at the very least
I think we need to slow the progression in Gang

Progression of Gang territory should be limited a slow expansion outward from the locker. Gang tags will serve as markers that push the bubble of gang influence's boarders
Areas that are gang controlled get a clearer indicator they are gang controlled. Maybe the lights tint a specific color, or it's just all the gang tags everywhere.

Gang is given a timed ability to summon loot like weapons and other gear for the whole gang. However, the quality of that gear is related to the total number of tiles the gang controls. We could, if desired, do some blue shell economics and tweak things so that weaker gangs get a little boost to help them out.

Gangs have the opportunity to absorb into each other. When a gang leader dies, their turf becomes unclaimed. For a player to claim it, they must go to the gang locker and stay within range of it for a length of time. Sort of a King of the Hill challenge.

If a turf is claimed by a rival gang, the turf and those that were recruited into it switch allegiances. If the turf was claimed by a rival gang member, they become a Capo and the turf and members, while part of the overall gang, is specifically assigned allegiance to them.

If it's a gang leader, it just becomes a part of the overall gang

If it's a crew member, they become a Gang Leader and get to rebrand the gang

If it's Sec, The territory and members are disbanded
Gang is meant to be a hot mess. However, you could make gangs have increased stats and some special powers on their terf. Also passive point generation for non-gang members residing within terf
(07-26-2020, 02:01 PM)vampirate Wrote: Gang is meant to be a hot mess.  However, you could make gangs have increased stats and some special powers on their turf.  Also  passive point generation for non-gang members residing within terf

I've always thought it would be cool if something bad happened to the gangs if somebody from a rival gang was on their turf. The only thing is, gangs would probably fuck up the given area to make sure nobody is ever on it. But maybe it could work if the turfs are checked for if humans can live on them or something.

In general, IMO, gangs don't really "own" their taken areas enough.
Wow this is a tough one. I haven't seen gangs cause much trouble but I didn't find the mode fun/balanced and don't know what you would do with it.

Adding a rule that states not to cause collateral damage / mass destruction - Agree. Like Sundance's suggestion of a pop up gang code.

You could two prong this approach if it's possible to notify gang chat and remove points. Which would motivate gangs to self enforce their members, just like a real gang. "Gang member X crit a civilian! Uncool!" "Gang member X destroyed a tile!"

Agree with making people use the gang outfit in some way either enforced or buff/debuff.

Three teams might be more balanced? Same for a member cap.