Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give antags a antag token on sol rounds
The title says it all, Sol can be speed ran solo in less than 15 minutes, and that barely give antags time to do anything fun
Counter suggestion:

Don't allow Sol runs to end rounds whatsoever. Change it so that the escape shuttle doesn't arrive in centcomm, instead its trajectory is into the sun.

Same goofy death by fire, same disaster round after, no abrupt ending.

This would allow for future Sol (lol RIP) shenanigans where you can change the trajectory. Shuttle crashes into Oshan's planet! Shuttle crashes into the ice planet populated by wendigos! Shuttle crashes into a giant manifestation of a pepperoni pizza! etc etc etc
I think Sundance's suggestion is about the greatest one I've heard yet for how to best change how sol ends and I'd say go for it, I'm fine with this change

Also, as a complete nerd who can and has solo'd sol, at my fastest I think I got 40 minutes-ish, all without any sort of outside cooperation, so please tell me what nerd is doing this stuff in 15 minutes so I can call BS on them.
That would be Horse.
(07-15-2020, 09:52 AM)Sundance Wrote: Counter suggestion:

Don't allow Sol runs to end rounds whatsoever. Change it so that the escape shuttle doesn't arrive in centcomm, instead its trajectory is into the sun.

This would allow for future Sol (lol RIP) shenanigans where you can change the trajectory. Shuttle crashes into Oshan's planet! Shuttle crashes into the ice planet populated by wendigos! Shuttle crashes into a giant manifestation of a pepperoni pizza! etc etc etc

Me and the bois on the shuttle to the pizza hut planet. Yeah, this is a good idea, would be better than just ending the round, and question, would the shuttle be called automatically, or would someone call it and have the fact that sol was done be a secerte?
The latter.

No auto shuttle call.

Although the firey annihilation would trigger 00:10 ETD, with the prbuddy error overlaying as expected, then vaporizing the crew at 00:00 ETD (or -00:01 ETD, whichever way doesn't muck up survival objectives)

So basically the exact same as the current situation, only on the shuttle.
I've always wanted sundance's solution on sol rounds ending with the shuttle either crashing into the sun or crashing back into the station because the shuttle autodrive is fucked up by the server getting busted. That way it's not a loss for anyone during THAT round.
I stand by that Sol and/or something similar to it should be the consequence of an antag success instead of a weird thing telesci does.
If someone is speedrunning sol every round they play, just rush the future key and throw it in the crusher until they learn their lesson.
(07-15-2020, 10:09 AM)Drago156 Wrote: I think Sundance's suggestion is about the greatest one I've heard yet for how to best change how sol ends and I'd say go for it, I'm fine with this change

Also, as a complete nerd who can and has solo'd sol, at my fastest I think I got 40 minutes-ish, all without any sort of outside cooperation, so please tell me what nerd is doing this stuff in 15 minutes so I can call BS on them.

I've managed a 20 minute run so I think 15 minutes is absolutely within the realm of possibility.
(07-15-2020, 09:52 AM)Sundance Wrote: Counter suggestion:

Yes, please, we need this.
This solves all the problems while giving us exciting new opportunities.
(Now we just need someone to code it.)
[snipped cos its just pessimism and bad]
This is a good idea (Sundance), not a fan of Sol myself so being able to complete my shenanigans without getting cut off thanks to nerds being too nerdy is a good idea, though there might need to be some reworking for different ways that rounds can end prematurely (Nuke, Blob, Etc.). Perhaps making all but nuke going off (for obvious reasons) into the shuttle being called could fix it, with perhaps a special ending for the nuke explosion where something Sol-y happens