Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Make Cog1 only possible with roughly less than 70 players, similar to Atlas.
Lately it's been often seleted when there's like 80 players and it's ungodly crowded.
I have a different suggestion that I've been talking about over discord already:

Make cog2 and donut3 the only available maps in the map vote past 80 pop. Perhaps add horizon to the list, since it is also quite a big map.

All the other maps are definetly not suitable for superhighpop. Oshan, Manta, Kondaru, the RP ship maps, all of them are hell to play when there are too many people on the station
Maybe we need more beeg maps...
(07-14-2020, 09:34 AM)Gogorow Wrote: I have a different suggestion that I've been talking about over discord already:

Make cog2 and donut3 the only available maps in the map vote past 80 pop. Perhaps add horizon to the list, since it is also quite a big map.

All the other maps are definetly not suitable for superhighpop. Oshan, Manta, Kondaru, the RP ship maps, all of them are hell to play when there are too many people on the station

At the very least, add recommended server size next to the map names during votes
I agree 100%, though I can't help but imagine the possibility of editing some of the maps to have a 50+ variant
I don't mean editing, I mean making new maps.
I like the feel of an 80 person Cog1 personally. But recommended player numbers would be a good middle ground.
Yeah, I'm all for adding a recommended player pop, perhaps have it highlight maps intended for the current density with Green, ones close but not quite with Yellow and ones that would probably suck in Red 

(Destiny is always Green because she is a beautiful ship that is always good and never bad)