KevKev's HOS application
Usual character name: KevKev
BYOND username: KevKev527
Discord username (if you are on our discord):  KevKev
Goon servers you play: Goonstation

Reason for application: I would like to be able to be HOS it seems like a very fun role and I like playing as security.

Security experience (300 word minimum): I started playing last year (later 2019) and I have played a lot since then. I won't lie I'm not the best sec guy at there but I'd say I'm decent. I know how to work the sec computers and most importantly how the tasers work. I have had experience with pretty much all of the antags and know how to deal with them. (my favorite is revs because we can get into some pretty "fun" firefights). Generally, I like to have fun rounds that aren't very serious but where I still complete my objective (like as sec I'm not going to just start tasering people but I might try and make some jokes, extra). I like teaching people new roles too and showing them cool things that they can do like welding a ling into a locker and sending it to disposals or just leaving them in a welded locker. There's time where I wasn't even sec but I pretty much became sec because of the absolute chaos on the station.  I fairly recent round I was Hop we barely had any sec and the antag was revs. At first, I just tried implanting people but then ran out of implants. Tried to order more only to find cargo was rogue and it all ended with the armory being unlocked and me and the other sec trying to fend of like 20 people in security. To say the least, it was a interesting experience. My hope is that if I am Hos that I can help those sec players before we got completely destroyed and overrun by revs. Also armory a bit earlier would have helped. Another round I wish I was sec (or hos)
was when there was a clown car roaming the halls of the station which pretty much killed the whole station as everyone was slowly irritated. I have a great deal of fun playing as security and hope to help others if I get hos, anyways thanks for reading all of this!

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Put all of your stuff in your belt taser, baton, battery and a pair or two of cuffs then have that open at all times if anyone tries to jump you, you'll be ready. Also, use porta-brigs.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    I think we could use better security computers there confusing and when I come back from not playing for a bit it takes me a while to remind what keys to press.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

[*]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
I think this would work best with revs but here it goes. All prisoners we capture go into one room we throw a couple of knives in there tell them the last one goes free and watch the chaos. Now once there's on left we just leave.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
No.

While I can't entirely chalk up your motivations, I don't think you entirely understand how much actually goes into the HoS role, it's not a simple sec+ job or one you can always just goof around in while being free of any actual consequences, and neither is it just validhunter pro.

Along with this I have personally had negative experiences with you while playing HoS, in which numerous times as either captain or a staff assistant you decided to meta-grudge me or constantly pester me after I stopped you from griefing as a non-antag.

Finally, I haven't seen you on at all or ever seen you play security. This could just be time issues, but HoS is something that requires experience that I don't think you have.
(07-13-2020, 08:25 AM)Drago156 Wrote: No.

While I can't entirely chalk up your motivations, I don't think you entirely understand how much actually goes into the HoS role, it's not a simple sec+ job or one you can always just goof around in while being free of any actual consequences, and neither is it just validhunter pro.

Along with this I have personally had negative experiences with you while playing HoS, in which numerous times as either captain or a staff assistant you decided to meta-grudge me or constantly pester me after I stopped you from griefing as a non-antag.

Finally, I haven't seen you on at all or ever seen you play security. This could just be time issues, but HoS is something that requires experience that I don't think you have.
I just want to help new people, have fun and generally play as security. It's been a long time since I've seen you on. The only time I remember is when you wanted me to demote the cap and (I was hop) I was confused. Otherwise, I'd love to hear how I can improve. To be fair I haven't seen you online either so probably just a time thing. I'll try and improve and someday I'll reapply. Thanks smile
(07-13-2020, 07:17 AM)KevKev Wrote: [*]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
All prisoners we capture go into one room we throw a couple of knives in there tell them the last one goes free and watch the chaos. Now once there's on left we just leave.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
[*]

This is honestly all I need to know you don't understand what Security's role is exactly.

Please speak with your fellow sec officers some more and learn a little more before asking to be HoS.
Idially you should act like the fun police.

Communication between yourself and fellow officers is key; ask if anyone needs anything...go around departments checking out if anyone needs help.
Once there is an antag that is OBVIOUSLY spreading harmful chaos - confine them. Best be that they still live through that. Don't let ANY PRISONERS just die due to neglegence.

Of course if there is an antag being a murdering rampager - go lethal; no biggie bout that.
But if you can solve a problem without killing anyone...please proceed to do so.

Now then; just because one found an antag it does not mean that you shild inherintly cuff them, brig them or make their round hell by just making them unable to do anything for the next twenty minutes. Give people a chance to live their roles out and don't de-brain the traitor clown 10 minutes in; who merely spawned in a clown car but didn't even use it so far.

As security you have to balance out all kinds of factors - but it is important to stick to your team and let them know what's up. Essentially you are playing the peaceful GANG mode. Security is your gang of fun.

Also...your fun-gimmick is to let prisoners just murder each other? Without you planning to clone them?
That is not cool dude. Not cool at all.
Imagine - clown stole a security officers baton. You managed to catch him. You brig the thief for three minutes; whoops you invoke your gimmick.
We are 15 minutes into the round. At the 20 minute mark the clown and several other not harmful crimers (probably not even antag) are dead due to your lying, planning and neglegence.
They might have to sit around for the next 40-60 minutes since they are dead. I'd be pretty salty about it if I was one of them prisoners.

Not to say one couldn't pull such a gimmick off...but please - if they were not rampaging murderboning crimers - go ask for volunteers.
Explain the rules to the volunteers and be honest about it. Telling them that only one will live through this and the losers body will be forwarded to the kitchen...and if they agree - go with it. Otherwise please make sure no crimer straight up dies due to you. I cannot stress that point enough.

Essentially:
- Be the fun-police.
- Protect citizens.
- Dish out justice swiftly and fair.
- Make sure prisoners do not die on your shift.
- Make sure arrests are not lethal if possible.
- Also my favorite tip...because I am personally always bugged out by security officers when playing the mime. Give the mime some god-damn paper and let it communicate. Watch it emote and give it time.
I'm not sure being the fun police as Sec should be encouraged, I'm pretty we expect the opposite of players
The fun police as being police that is fun.

Not police that stops fun.
Well then looks like that's a no for me getting HOS. Thanks for replying and taking time to read my application though! (And thanks for the great responses too!)
This application has been denied due to insufficient support. Take the suggestions posted above into consideration and consider reapplying in the future!