Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ss13 MUSIC KLUB

This thread needs some Tom Waits

And this guy

Don't forget her

Here's a good bassist probably

And now that bassist brings us back to tom waits

Bringing this thread back from the dead, let's see your weird ass songs. hell yeah
What's that? Nobody asked for hipster funk?

Why not?

folk

hipster folk
I'm a huge music nerd, so get ready.

This guy, Celldweller, is pretty much my favorite musician ever. He's essentially a one-man electronic/metal/dance/whatever the hell he feels like doing that week band with a great fondness for outer space and a wide-ranging variety of songs. His latest album, End of an Empire, is something I've been listening to like crazy lately, and features a whole bunch of different musical styles. I'm still absolutely amazed that just one dude is able to make all of this radical stuff.

There's also Blue Stahli, a related act that's also a one-man electro-whatever band. They have kind of similar musical styles, but whereas Celldweller focuses on the fantastical and otherworldly, Blue Stahli is much more interested in the gritty, visceral musical style. His songs also tend to be a lot crazier and more psychedelic, as demonstrated in the music video. He also does a bunch of videos where he answers fan questions, and is overall a really cool and odd fellow. Also, he and the other guy are total dorks and it's great.

(Just throwing out a warning, the below video contains occasional images of blood being fucking everywhere, in case that's a problem with anyone reading this.)

I'm also a HUGE fan of the soundtrack from Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. The songs are atmospheric and fit the aesthetic of the rest of the game perfectly, and also are absolutely gorgeous in a very ominous sense. My absolute favorite track is the theme that plays in the Cathedral.

Finally, one of my much simpler pleasures is a band called Lamb of God. They are quite firmly metal, and quite heavy metal at that. The dudes in the band are wickedly talented with their instruments of choice, and their music never fails to get me pumped the fuck up when I listen to it.

There's a lot more I could babble on about but I'll leave it there for now.
There are too many Mac Gamers who do not know the ear-gasms that is the Mac Soundtrack to Descent. And since the blues have hit me with the force of a dumptruck, I need this. I figure some of my peeps are down a bit too, so here is a track that will inject some mellow vibes into your soul.

I love how the opening lulls you into thinking its going for the old-school freestyle rap style, then turkey-slaps you with all 2 feet of metal tempered with bass playing expected from Parliament.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I'm also a HUGE fan of the soundtrack from Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. The songs are atmospheric and fit the aesthetic of the rest of the game perfectly, and also are absolutely gorgeous in a very ominous sense. My absolute favorite track is the theme that plays in the Cathedral.

If you want to talk videogame music that will make you tingly, I say go look at the OST for The Talos Principle, considering it comes from the guys who made Serious Sam some of this shit will make your bones shudder

Rubber duck(s). It's all I can say about this music.

Phenomenal game OST says hi
A SS13 song if there ever was one.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgqiSBxvdws[/youtube]
Dr_Bee Wrote:A SS13 song if there ever was one.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgqiSBxvdws[/youtube]

well that failed, why doesnt this forum have an edit button?

another attempt
shadowdimentio Wrote:

Phenomenal game OST says hi
Ar Tonelico is my shit. Love those games and the music is amazing.
We're posting pseudo-animu music now? Okay then.

And some non animu shit.

We should probably make a policy of spoilering our music in this thread, because it lags the shit out of my browser due to all the loading videos.
Bunt