Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toxin Lab Revisions
I don't usually see alot of people in toxin besides myself so im not sure how focused an issue it is. But there are several maps that just CANT use toxin correctly. Big notices are on Oshan, Clarion, and Atlas. These maps either A: cant heat the temps high enough to do toxin stuff, B:  have wonky purge valve setups that are prone to exploding during high pressure purges, or C: completely lack a heat loop entirely. I think that the toxin labs on Cogmap 1 and Kondaru are great and that these setups be repeated across the other maps, whether that means adding in missing systems or reworking heat chambers so they can heat properly. I was going to include Manta since it straight up doesnt have toxin at all, but someone told me its in the trench so i'll check that out before i pass judgement there.
Hello, overall nerd/ slight bomb nerd here.

Oshan's issue is that nitrogen constantly filters into the burn chamber, which makes it difficult but not impossible to do large TTVs. However canbombing is completely not viable on Oshan because of the large inability to efficiently hellburn. Now I did this before the TTV change so I suppose things could be different now, but it was possible pre-change to get a 9x9 (old maxcap) on Oshan.

Clarion is a good map, breaks a lot of the norms when it comes to engineering and toxin norms, but all of its systems are still operable to an efficient degree. It can seem odd or weird at first, but it is very possible (and for some people, even easier) to use Toxins and Engineering on Clarion. Is it different? Yes, but that's not a bad thing. I personally have done both TTVs and canbomb setups with Clarion's toxins lab, it just takes a bit of fiddling and getting used to.

Atlas... I hate this map, so I have no idea what the Toxins lab is like here, but I can guess it's something to do with either major lack of space and being way downsized OR something to do with a missing system or two necessary to effectively make bombs.

All in all, Clarion is fine as is. If a decent atmospheric filter or something could be added to Oshan's lab to keep nitrogen out of the burn chamber, that would be great, but it's not needed. Finally, Atlas should just be nuked out of map rotation at this point in my opinion. Standardized Toxins labs are lame, and it's interesting to see how different maps and system layouts work.
Atlas' lack of real toxins is likely owing to how a single bomb would likely cause a shuttle call.

However, yeah, Oshan may need some pseudo-space tile for the burn vent.
An Oshan technology space portal.
Or a ship to a toxins outpost in actual space.
(07-13-2020, 02:37 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: Atlas' lack of real toxins is likely owing to how a single bomb would likely cause a shuttle call.

How about a big vaccuum chamber that removes the atmosphere from it, simulating space (While actually just being normal space tiles)
(07-13-2020, 03:40 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 02:37 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: Atlas' lack of real toxins is likely owing to how a single bomb would likely cause a shuttle call.

How about a big vaccuum chamber that removes the atmosphere from it, simulating space (While actually just being normal space tiles)
If I remember correctly, setting off a canbomb on Oshan opens a portal to the lag realm, and is a big reason why hellburning on Oshan will stay shitty forever, or something along those lines. Atlas is too smol to do anything, and we probably don't want people canboming Atlas anyway, but Clarion is manageable, I've found. Although the engine is fucky, toxins is fine, for the most part. All in all, don't really think anything needs to be changed.
I can see why the hellburn isnt as strong in roshan, I've actually gotten better at it since posting and I can get the temps I want for TTVs at least. As for atlas I just think it should get a radiator so heating isnt a massive chore. As for the rest, I still think having proper purge valves is needed. I think it should be a standard feature of toxin to have short and separate purging.