Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Remove pest/hostile critters from nukie rounds or change their rules?
I just played three nukie rounds in a row, and every time there's a bunch of animals running around pulling weapons stealing the nuke ect ect.

One round, I was a crewmember, died early, spawned in as a cat, ran around nukies, fire elementals came in to burn nukies, I died, got another pest spawn and became another cat. Repeat. Every nukie round now there's a bunch of dead crewmembers turning into pissed off cats dogs and frogs. It's probably really frustrating to have all these entities stealing your gear; they didn't manage to plant during this whole time in a ~40 minute round and part of that is due to cats dragging the nuke off.

One thing I feel that's missing is a popup; I'm not really sure what the rules are for these guys. I'm not sure, to me pest is be a nuisance but does that mean fuck with nukies? That's what happened this round. It was a memorable round, and honestly funny to watch, but I don't want it to be the norm.
Unless I'm mistaken.. don't random pests spawn late into the round? 

If not, it should be restricted to the 30+ minute mark.
Hi - Nukie of said round here!

We spent 10 minutes preparing our assault.
Goal was: Central Warehouse.

Due to a bug to regarding our target location we couldn't plant down anyway. A PR to fix that should be on GitHub.
Essentially Central Warehouse is not part of Donut 3 so....yeah.......we couldn't have planted it either way.

Still - I saw at least one fire elemental really trying to hunt me down.
It just feels kinda pointless,...

Regarding the 30 minute mark.
Some rounds take 10 others 15 or even 20 to prepare an assault on the station.
Not much more time is needed for them critters to spawn in.

Anyway,...
You kill like 6-8 people like me...survive over the duration of a full on assault of greytiders for over 20 minutes.........and still....those people you KILLED come back to annoy the hell out of you.
Greytiders annoy me...but I kill them as a Nukie so they do not annoy me anymore. Seeing them spawn in as a critter to mess specifically with all NUKIES...that is just fucking awful.

I wasted my ammo an killing a good bunch of them already and I have to kill every greytider at least two times now? Why? =_='

Them cats hid the nuke and that was about it.........they shouldn't be able to drag or pick-up the Nuke or Nukie-Gear.
This is against the rules and should be A-helped immediately if it ever happens again.

Changes should definitely be made as well so that ghost critters can't steal the nuke.
I think the thing about critters is they don't have a popup like ghost critters saying "hey don't fuck with antags or alter the round like that". A lot of people might not even recognize it's against the rules.
antagonist critters spawning in nuclear rounds would be a bug. also, ghost critters being able to screw with the nuke is a bug and is currently being worked on
we can also totally disable pest spawns in nuclear mode, if they have other weird abilities to influence the round that we can't patch out