Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Timed Telescience Recall
Now, I could beat around the bush for a hot minute, or I could just say it.

Telescience could be cooler.

Give the Telescience teleporter the ability to auto-recieve after a designated period of time. Teleport into a secure location as a traitor maybe, and calibrate the teleporter to receive you in 3 minutes. You memorize the tile, and just as security is about to knock down your door, you're back, home free. To live another day. I just think it would be incredibly cool to get a beep on a wristwatch or something that tells you the receive window is about to hit and then run to the designated tile, and get beamed up. Very epic for RP, and totally awesome for solo missions.

Though, admittedly, there is clear room for abuse with this kind of mechanic, and I'm reasonably sure that somebody smarter then me has probably considered this idea before, but seeing as you wouldn't know what your destination looks like, the amount of people in the area, or if someone is standing on your entrance/receive tile, without doing some recon, I think it balances out in its own way.

I've also considered that it could just be a debris-field upgrade you have to find from an old ruin in order to get it to work like that, and that having it only be obtainable from such an item being placed into the teleporter console would probably be a greater balance for such a unique mechanic.

Tell me what you think?
I've heard the idea of a telesci timer numerous times before, but that was always in the context of calling yourself back from adventure zones. Having it be on a longer timer so you can get in and out of an area actually makes it sound way cooler, and it's not like you couldn't already steal everything that isn't nailed down with telesci while also getting back with the port a sci (which the RD will practically always give you if you ask).
Thus, I think this would actually be pretty cool, and I don't think it would necessarily need to be a debris field upgrade (especially since it doesn't seem strong enough to teleblock the location for it, so telesci nerds would just instantly teleport it in. :p)
MechComp can do this, just takes some setup.
Since when can you wire Mech-Comp to the science coordinate teleporter?
There is a dwaine program for triggering the teleporter, teleman, but you need su access for it and I don't think advanced mechcomp + packet nerdery should be necessary for this feature.
yeah this is something that can be controlled through a combination of DWAINE and mechcomp already, no need to make it easier imo