Poll: Should blob rounds end instantly when the blobs die?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, keep it as-is
42.86%
15 42.86%
No, autocall the shuttle instead
28.57%
10 28.57%
No, the round should not end until someone manually calls it
28.57%
10 28.57%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
is blob rounds ending instantly when the blobs die a good feature y/n
So, I think some of the issues with blob is that balancing it to be stronger early game but not become too OP too quickly is a big struggle. Personally, I think it would help if as a blob, there was a tutorial on how to keybind your abilities in the blob pop-up. This is one of the biggest things that makes a blob a bit more robust since trying to otherwise set up your tiles through clicking can get annoying and is really slow.

Recently blobs DID actually get what I would think is a major buff in ribosomes being changed to be way more beneficial. I have yet to personally play blob (or any antag ;-; ) since this change however so I can't quite speak to how good it actually is.
I think we could use tiers to tiles, like slime launchers.

Building a lot of low tier ones early one that are decent against unprepared crew, but you'll want tier 3 ones where it really matters in key strategic areas
Or a weakness besides "everything".
I think antag round ends need to be consistent. I don't get why a Blob failure/success constitutes a round end but not for Wizards.
(07-12-2020, 02:46 AM)Carbadox Wrote: I think antag round ends need to be consistent. I don't get why a Blob failure/success constitutes a round end but not for Wizards.

Consistent?

Nukies are a special case though - wouldn't you at least agree on that one?
I wouldn't mind seeing blobs just get slower and slower respawns with some randomization in the timer. Take like five+three each time you die, +/-20% say.

Gives blobs more experience blobbing, prevents round end. It's now a continuous round, sorta like ling. Worst thing that can happen is they get bored, log and it's ... like wizard now.

Honestly it's easier to solve than wizard. Maybe wizard does need to be the one that ends when all die(... though remember the Soulguard check...).
Sage?

I like your idea for blob. That being said; wizard ending when all are dead? Nay.
Can't mid-round antags still spawn?

I have witnissed a bunch of times when the Captain or HoS got their brain implanted into the wizards body and later on more antags appeared. That always seemed fine to me. smile
(07-12-2020, 09:42 AM)GORE Wrote: I have witnissed a bunch of times when the Captain or HoS got their brain implanted into the wizards body

I would hope no HoS would actually be doing this like ever and this is just exaggeration...
Nope. Witnissed it.
I think it was either me who was the wizard or at least a wizard I spawned together with as wizard who got debrained and then the body got occupied by the HoS.
The nature of blob is it can seriously fuck up the station, and depending where it spawns it can also make it hard to call the shuttle. It's good and needed as is because of that. A way to maybe address that is to have a thirty second "vote end" option when blobs die. Let people decide if it's needed/wanted or not.
Urgent CENTCOMM PDA Emergency Vote:
---
Our intel has led us to believe a horrible event has just unfolded on [name of the station]!
We are able to teleport every crewmember out of this piece of scrapmetal...but it will cost a lot of energy!

[Press YES to end the round]

[Press NO to continue for a bit longer]
---
I like that one, cept maybe have it be an emergency shuttle being instantly warped to the station as I like having that cool off period post battle, gives it a proper epilogue