Tennke's HoS Application
Usual character name: Robert Rocke
BYOND username: Tennke
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Tennke
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goon 2

Reason for application: I enjoy playing security, it's one of my go to roles if i'm going to hop on for a few rounds. Most of the rounds that I play don't have an HoS. But having HoS always makes the round more enjoyable for me. 

Security experience (300 word minimum): I've been playing for just over a year now, I know a lot more about the game and how to have fun with it since I put in my last application. I think I have around 80 or so rounds of security, so I think I'm experienced enough to wear the hat/beret. Communicating with sec officers is very important for me. I'll always respond to a sec officer if they ask for help, or if it looks like they might need help. If everything goes right, shift is normally fairly calm until it eventually deteriorates due to the countless welderbombs and bloodstains on the ground. 

But most of the time, i'll have to leave the comfort of the security wing and go out to deal with whatever eldritch horror is harassing the station. I've found that with two to three officers, it should be fairly simple to kill an antag. Which is why most of the times I die, it's because I got seperated from the rest of security, and presumably beaten/drained/spaced to death. Most of the time I make it onto shuttle, hopefully with the rest of the sec buddies. 

The more I play security the lower the blood pressure spike gets from playing security. I still pay attention to my surroundings, but I don't immediately panic when someone walks 1 tile too close to my spaceman. I mostly stroll around the station talking to people asking if they've seen crimers. If I see someone suspicious i'll hit them with the "Watchu' doin'?". I only go after someone if i'm 100% sure that they are either and antag, or have just been bothering people all round. The one thing that I hate doing as security is killing people, or otherwise causing them to lose purpose in a round. I'll typically give back a spy thief's PDA if it's early enough into the round, but I won't give back any items that they got up to that point.

Security is one of my favorite jobs, I have a lot of experience in the department, and I would love the opportunity to be able to wear the beret/hat.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
Throw away that security pouch, from my experience 2 handcuffs should be enough. If you want more, pack some in your bag or your belt. Having an extra pocket slot allows you to put something more useful into it, such as an energy cell. More importantly, communicate with your team. One sec officer is probably not going to be enough to stop that ling who's eating the chef, so wait for backup.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
My favorite moments are always whenever I catch a crimer in the act. Chasing after them wondering what their next move will is always a fun time for me. One of my favorite of these chases was when a crimer botanist with a jetpack and an EVA suit escaped out of an airlock, I read what they were going to do next and we opened one of the airlock doors at the same time, I managed to get him in cuffs, but the round ended. We got to throw exploding tomatoes at the station afterwards.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
More reinforced walls in some of the maps security is really easy to break into on some of the larger maps like Cog2, Manta, or Oshan. 
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
The only difference in my playstyle is for solo, i'll watch my back a bit more than I usually would. I also might go to the HoP and ask for more access if i'm alone. But typically, I stay in the brig unless there's something to be done, or someone calls for security over the radio.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
Towards the end of the round my character will typically make some fairly bad life choices. Such as, giving the clown a flashbang, consumption of questionable substances, or trying to get a gimmick law uploaded. If my spaceman is convulsing, then I know i'm on the right track.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): No bans.
This application has been denied due to insufficient support. We encourage you to consider reapplying in the future!