qrqwerqwr's mentor application
Usual character name: Jason Richardson, used to play with random name
BYOND username: qrqwerqwr
Discord username (if you are on our discord): itsyaboyo
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: goon2, might try goon rp

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): The main reason I am applying for mentorship is because I feel that it will further enhance my SS13 experience by providing me with a perspective on the way the game is played. When I first started playing SS13 after seeing Sseth's video, like many others, I was lost. I first had to choose a server, I went through the list and tried out each server but none of them seemed to be as enjoyable as the video made them seem. I just didn't understand enough. I "tried" being a colonial marine, instead I was a menace to my own squad. On some servers that I will not name, I witnessed interactions between grown men that would cause the average person notable mental trauma. I've even been banned for trying my best at a job, despite the fact that I was new. But then I joined Goonstation, and things just clicked. 
    Firstly, the keybinds just felt easier to use than the traditional /tg/ layout. I got more comfortable with the keybinds and was able to make consistent, fluid movements. Then I noticed the people. They were excited to help me learn. Every new role I took on I had a new guide to teach me the ways. I even had several bad influences teach me the ways of the traitor. I watched, and I learned from the best. Like the janitor's sponge, I absorbed noble and nefarious tips and tricks, all helping to make me just that little bit better. But watching only goes so far. If I could do go back and change one thing, I would actually use mentorhelp. I believe that my disregard for it severely hindered my progress. Anytime I struggled, I could have had instant access to someone that could help. But instead I carried on, muddling through round after round, sometimes learning from my mistakes, sometimes not. 
    It may sound cliche, but I would like to be the mentor to others, that I never had. I want to help someone who is new, because you never know how close that person is to logging off, never to return. By being able to teach, I myself will have to solidify my knowledge, and expand on it. I've learned so much since I've started, and I only hope that this is an opportunity to continue.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I was temp banned (<24 hours) due to a murder misunderstanding, caused by pent-up frustration. And I believe I was temp banned for an hour for slight griefing on ass day once.
While you have the potential to make mentor, I'm not sure you're ready for it yet.
I'd like to see slightly better judgment regarding the rules and, perhaps, a little more mindfulness of others.

Mentorship is more than teaching, it is guiding by example.
This application has been denied due to insufficient support. We encourage you to consider reapplying in the future!