Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ease of life
Bob Morlan cuts the fried knife cake with the... wirecutters? Whatever.

Jo McPebble smashes the glass bottle in his hands! Christ!

Frank Norton shaves his beard into an even longer beard! What!!!

Gavin Carlson cuts his own hair!
Ow! You should probably have got someone else to do that!

feel free to add other nice things
make fingerless gloves by cutting gloves with scissors/wirecutters
Scissors or wirecutter + clothing item removes the sleeves/fingers/whatever
sleeves/fingers convert to collectable fabric for manufacturers

this would be amazingly sprite-dependent so idk it'd be neato
Weavel Wrote:Scissors or wirecutter + clothing item removes the sleeves/fingers/whatever

Gryll Webber wraps the gray jumpsuit around the wooden plank!

Gryll Webber lights the torch!
Dern Squirrels begins digging around in his chest with the fork and knife.
Dern Squirrels pulls out a bullet from his chest, oh christ!

Dern Squirrels screams!

H. Clown Johnson holds the pipebomb against Crying Pubbie and H. Clown Johnson's head!
The pipebomb detonates!
APARTHEID Wrote:
Weavel Wrote:Scissors or wirecutter + clothing item removes the sleeves/fingers/whatever

Gryll Webber wraps the gray jumpsuit around the wooden plank!

Gryll Webber lights the torch!

I initially had a bunch of ideas that consisted of "More things should set other things on fire"

Flaming torch is probably the most useful quality of life thing. Since I guess you could use it as a brighter flashlight, with the caveat that it could burn you.

This is probably a dumb (and ventures into twilight territory, which makes the idea worse) idea, but if vampires can be killed by fire damage, why not let coffins be set on fire.

You could knock one out, weld the coffin shut, and have a vampire cookout. (or stuff random people into coffins and set them on fire)
On the flipside, if coffins can be lit on fire, we can have spaceviking funeral pyres as we shoot various corpses/screaming crewmembers off into space.
atomic1fire Wrote:This is probably a dumb (and ventures into twilight territory, which makes the idea worse) idea, but if vampires can be killed by fire damage, why not let coffins be set on fire.

You could knock one out, weld the coffin shut, and have a vampire cookout. (or stuff random people into coffins and set them on fire)
The next logical step here is to let us hold witch trials and burn suspected vampires/witches at the stake.
neogeo0823 Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:This is probably a dumb (and ventures into twilight territory, which makes the idea worse) idea, but if vampires can be killed by fire damage, why not let coffins be set on fire.

The next logical step here is to let us hold witch trials and burn suspected vampires/witches at the stake.
Yes cool
Brycen Butte fills the tire with gasoline!

Brycen Butte necklaces Jebediah Flarearms!

Brycen Butte ignites the tire! Holy shit!
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Brycen Butte fills the tire with gasoline!

Brycen Butte necklaces Jebediah Flarearms!

Brycen Butte ignites the tire! Holy shit!
I got used as an example..I don't....I don't know how to feel...
That's what you get for picking an easy to remember name
I...uh....thank you? I don't know how to feel, other than on fire.
Oh please can tourniquets be thing?
Use something sharp (scissors, knife or glass shard ) on some form of fabric (white sheet, or clothing) to rip them or off into a tourniquet?
Place a white sheet box (I think they already exist, but put a scissors beside it) in medical, so doctors can make tourniquets. Or like suggested, a traitor/victim far away from medical can makeshift with with glass shard and some spare clothing.
It stems bleeding. It could be used for minor bleeding, like getting shot, if a doctor isn't around. There should be major bleeding like getting shot multiple times or 2 limbs blown off, w.e, where after operation you need something to stem the bleeding anyway, so a tourniquet should be necessary.
It wouldn't be a clothing slot, just like attached like a medical patch.
It could use them sprite as the dirty rag! Only make it white.
Actually it should be the other way around. You don't stop arterial spray from a traumatic amputation with some styptic powder, you slap a tourniquet on that stump and crank it tight(By the way, a rod should probably be used in making a tourniquet. You ain't gonna get any good pressure without something to help you twist the fabric tight).

So for tourniquets to be implemented in any real fashion, it'd need to be something you put on someone's stump to stop the bloodloss, and maybe make stump welding do a lot more damage to the patient to make it a less appealing option or something.

Besides, if you get shot in the gut by a revolver, or get a papercut, how exactly is a tourniquet going to save you? confused