Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sec ban should be including Cap and HoP
I have seen someone get sec banned twice, and consistently use the Captain job to behave like a secoff anyway.

I think a sec ban should include Cap and HoP to avoid that kind of rule lawyering workaround. The Cap and HoP if they behave as Sec have the same potential for making rouds unfun for other people if you abuse your power.
I believe with the new addition of sec-tokens this type of behaviour is negated anyway.

The Captain and HoP can no longer get a stun baton and security belt easily.
Also what has to be said is that sec is trusted more than Captain or HoP anyways. Captain and HoP could be a Traitor; meanwhile security is clean as a washed lightly fried monkey brain pizza.
HoP and cap can still buy a sec equipment crate in cargo for 5k credits and have the baton + taser anyway

nothing stops them from playing sec with AA, even after the sec vendor introduction

Overall I agree with bork, as I also noticed the same behaviour, many people treat captain/HoP as secoff with AA and license to kill, secban doesn't stop them from doing what they were doing before they got banned

Secbans should include HoP and cap role to give the player some time to chill down a bit, play other roles and reconsider their behaviour imo.
Just Ahelp people doing this so they get banned from those jobs too.

And in the mean time, get together with the crew and overwhelm anyone assholish enough to do this.
We have bans for specific jobs and Command as a whole so I don't think that this is an issue. If someone saw egregious enough security behavior, they would possibly ban them from command as well.
Wow, disregard this, I am an absolute buffoon