Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Revert the Security Requistion Vendor
So I didn't realize that this change was made specifically to cut down on security tools, so uh yea. Also this really doesn't stop people from printing out small cells and just swapping those on the go, nor someone just grabbing riot shotguns from the armory and hacking out the buckshot, flares, and rubber slugs from the ammotech.

I'm personally of the view that fun > balance in terms of game mechanics for ss13, so for me, I've never personally cared if someone took all the security tasers or something or if it's balanced, because if I had to deal with something like that I know there's always a counter if you're willing to put in the effort.

Is it kind of cheap, sure. Is it incredibly unrobust and powergamey, most certainly. But there are ways around it. You can buy pills of meth easily from the diner and combine that with robust coffee and food buffs to mostly negate tasers, not to mention hacking into the armory for the armor, which will further your stun resist. In terms of weaponry, you can get a phaser for free in debris as well as the classic fire extinguisher from almost any where on station. Welding masks are actually pretty easy to get and counter flashes much like sunglasses, which are also not hard finds. Meaning ultimately batons are the biggest threat after this, and even then you can just as easily just shove them out of the other person's hand and take it.

I far from see this as the right way to balance stun equipment, and really don't find it a fun way. This change kind of makes combat closer to the same and more boring, as well as kind of screwing the crew if no security signs up for the round. Now the ideas of maybe limiting belts and backpacks with the number of weapons they can hold is one I support. Maybe two or three one handed weapons and a single two-hand in backpacks/satchels/fanny packs and one or two one hands in belts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Revert the Security Requistion Vendor - by Drago156 - 07-02-2020, 11:25 PM