Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Revert the Security Requistion Vendor
I think the reasoning behind the change is solid (reducing the availability of stun weaponry on-station that is easily lootable), but I have a couple gripes of my own:

I don't really like the loadout names - they feel a little too meta for my taste and I feel that not much would be lost by having the options stand on their own without a label

NTSOs shouldn't get a requisition token - they already have what is essentially a unique sec loadout much in the same vein as the ones from the vendor (self-charge baton and clock)

Similarly, I feel the Head of Security would be better suited as having a unique loadout (egun/lawbringer plus some HoS melee-stun-weapon) with a backup taser, and not getting the standard security requisition token

The riot shotguns are undeniably the strongest pieces of gear in the armory in my opinion, and they're on an easily hackable rack instead of a crate. I feel armory shotguns and phasers could swap number/positions (rack of 3-4 phasers, crate of 2 shotguns).

Taser shotguns as they stand are probably too strong for their current loadout - they were (re)designed around being a straight upgrade to security gear, and could probably use another balance pass

Last but certainly not least, the ability to get stunbatons by deconstructing secbots has to go. It doesn't do much to reduce stun weaponry if you can hop to faint, print a secbot, and get a baton 3 minutes into the round.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Revert the Security Requistion Vendor - by Tarmunora - 07-02-2020, 02:14 PM