Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Revert the Security Requistion Vendor
I think variance is good - and I'd hope that this system will be have more additional types of weaponry in the future that one could choose from. It makes firefights more interesting when there's multiple things being shot in a befuddled chaos.

...But let's be real. If the intent of this patch was to stop John Doe with 6 tasers in his belt, then I think personally it fails at tackling this issue. The meta now will change to loot the armory.

Now picture this. You're a lone officer. You meet Johnny 6 Waveguns. What do you have with this new change? A single taser and baton? That's all it takes to down someone, but Johnny 6 Waveguns clearly has the upper hand and all he did was hack into the armory which is trivial for players who know how do simple door hacking - so anyone on their first week of playing.

The intrinsic problem with security weapons being used as a rampage item is the sheer inventory nonsense. The very concept that you can stick 6 tasers in your belt is obscene.

In my opinion you should concentrate on that in conjunction with this Requisition Vendor and you might meet a happy medium here.

Restricting belts and bags to 1 x weapon of each type would alleviate this. That means any player would only be able to carry at most 2 tasers and 2 batons (1 pair in the belt, the other pair in their bag) - which is what most solo officers would carry on their person anyway so this would be primarily a nerf to those who hoard guns.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Revert the Security Requistion Vendor - by Sundance - 07-02-2020, 09:39 AM