Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complaint against Enekai Goon2 01/07/2020 GMT0 1500
Admin: Enekai

Server: Goon2

Date + time: GMT0 1500

Synopsis: To give some context to the situation regarding the complaint - I was playing as a Security player on Goon2 on a Nuclear Operative round and had encountered two players outside Security of which one was the Mime. I had interrupted the Mime building a table outside of the Security door to block access and he ran away so I had attempted to taser him upon which time his friend intervened and attempted to disarm and block me allowing the Mime to escape. I then eventually managed to arrest the player and at that point the Mime had come back to free his friend so I had managed to stun and arrest him as well - grabbing and pulling them both to Security cuffed.

Once inside they had broken free of my grasp and attempted to escape using disposal/mail chutes and had somehow the Mime had managed to become uncuffed whilst I was attempting to control the other player. The Mime was then able to disarm me of my baton and had stolen a box of flashbangs and used them on me whilst I was attempting to taser the Mime again. I had managed to gain control over the Mime and handcuff them at which point they made it impossible for me to move them about because somehow even though players can't move like that when cuffed they were able to control me walking about and spinning me around making it impossible to recharge any nonlethal equipment, get new equipment, or even search them so the only option I was left with was punching them to regain control of the situation and continue with the arrest as is the job of Security.

During this the Mime had died and I had assumed he had committed suicide himself as I didn't think a few punches would cause him to die, but he must have been on low health or for other reasons it did cause him to die. Using punches though was my only option otherwise we would have been there all day with him moving me about and me not being able to do anything whilst his friend broke his cuffs or he managed to regain control of the situation and escape down a disposal/mail chute.

I had previously asked in Discord what to do in these types of situations involving grabbing or being grabbed and the answers ranged from punching them to murdering them at that point so I was under the impression my response considering the situation was appropriate as I didn't really have another option to stun them. There wasn't any time to initiate cloning or other activities because the goal for the Nuclear Operatives was to plant the bomb in Security so they arrived thereafter and interrupted me recharging my equipment so I was forced to run as I was in the entry to Security and Mime was in the brig with the Nuclear Operatives inbetween at which point I headed to Cargo and escaped in a pod.

Enekai then admin messaged me and had determined that "It doesn't prevent you searching him. Him spinning around in your grip isn't an excuse to beat him to death. I'm going to be sec-banning you for poor conduct and due to the history of the poor sec behaviour in your notes. You can appeal it on the forums in a month" which is an extremely reductionist, ignorant, and obtuse view of the situation in my opinion as it did clearly prevent me searching him, and from my previous explanation you can see that I had went through all of my previous non-lethal options and the Mime had still been resisting.

Enekai then states that he will be banning me from the Security job for poor conduct which I have to disagree with and then a "history of the poor sec behaviour in your notes" which seems like a fluffy excuse he's added on attempt to give his decision some more weight but he never said what this history of poor behavior was and I have been playing here for a while now without problems. I don't feel like a job ban for a month is appropriate for defending myself in the context of the job my character had to be honest and if anything it should have been dealt with in game because as far as I am aware the Mime was not an antag and it appears to me like it's fine for him to do what he was doing but apparently if I respond it's heavy handed and worthy of a job ban?

Logs: I don't have any logs. You'll need to get those.

Extra information: Hopefully the situation as explained in the synopsis is fairly clear but to reiterate I feel like a job ban is heavy handed and not really appropriate neither is the reason given and it will disappoint me if the decision made by Enekai is sustained.
Hi 7fppko, thanks for posting this. I'm Enakai, or Knight on the forums/in game.

I can understand why it might be frustrating to be barred from playing a role you enjoy, and I'd like to offer my perspective on the situation.

I had received an admin-help from the Mime, telling me he had been "perma-brigged" for basically greytiding/messing around in security. I figured the situation would have played out as a simple "Hey, please try to avoid doing this in future", but as I went through the logs, it revealed that you had the Mime cuffed and grabbed and beat him well over 15+ times into crit. I'll post the logs below:

09:38:23 combat Lorde James 7fppko handcuffs Methisto with The handcuffs at Security (210,136,1).

09:38:24 combat Lorde James 7fppko grabs Methisto at Security

09:38:25 combat Lorde James 7fppko 's grip upped to aggressive

09:38:37 combat Lorde James 7fppko punches Methisto at Security (197,141,1).

09:38:38 combat Lorde James 7fppko punches Methisto at Security (197,141,1).

09:38:39 combat Lorde James 7fppko punches Methisto at Security (197,141,1).

09:38:40 combat Lorde James 7fppko punches Methisto  at Security (197,141,1).

09:38:41 combat Lorde James 7fppko punches Methisto  at Security (197,141,1).

09:38:42 combat Lorde James 7fppko punches Methisto at Security (197,141,1).

09:38:43 combat Lorde James 7fppko punches Methisto at Security (197,141,1).

09:38:45 combat Lorde James 7fppko punches Methisto  at Security (196,141,1).

09:38:46 combat Lorde James 7fppko punches Methistot Security (195,141,1).

09:38:50 combat Lorde James 7fppko kicks Methisto at Security (193,141,1)

09:38:52 combat Lorde James 7fppko punches Methisto at Security (193,141,1).

09:38:53 emote Methisto Methisto screams!

09:38:53 combat Lorde James 7fppko kicks Methisto at Security (193,141,1).

09:38:54 combat Lorde James 7fppko kicks Methisto at Security (192,140,1).

09:38:57 combat Lorde James 7fppko punches Methisto at Security (189,140,1).

09:38:58 combat Lorde James 7fppko kicks Methisto at Security (189,140,1).

09:38:59 combat Lorde James 7fppko kicks Methisto at Security (188,140,1).

(Please note that these logs are UNINTERRUPTED)

This got a bit of an eyebrow raise out of me, so I decided to do a little bit more investigation into it. For reference, these are your notes from the previous month, all of them security-related.

#2 (main) Jul 01 2020 13:55pm
<snip> banned 7fppko from Security Officer

#2 (main) Jun 28 2020 22:46pm
Abysmal conduct as Security: attempting to imprison someone that was removing their cuffs after being released and stripping a fellow Security officer that was attempting to intervene. Apply a Secban if you have to speak to them again.

#2 (main) Jun 17 2020 22:55pm
Last night performed some pretty line-riding behavior as sec. Noting in case this becomes a pattern

#2 (main) Jun 17 2020 22:49pm
Has a really bad habit of arresting people for little to nothing, which is fine, except that he subsequently doesn't care what happens to them in the brig whatsoever, up to and including them dying. Also stripped a Janitor (who was an antag, but I doubt he knew) of their possessions and locked them in the contraband crate instead of using the automatic locker because he "didn't want them to have tools to break out."

#2 (main) Jun 02 2020 5:12am
Seems to be pretty bad security-got an ahelp for them feeding a non-antag a clear "MAMA MIA SPICY" pill, and handed out three full 300 second timers, not all of which were to antagonists on the same round, one of which he defended because they "had a bomb vest" and "ransacked security". Needs to goddamn well lighten up, this is way too harsh on people as security and I don't like hearing sec burst into flames, or hearing sec officers claim feeding someone a MAMA MIA SPICY pill was a "trick" to get "ahelped" when the person just asked for the damn thing, not for it to get shoved down their throat. Annoyed by this log set.

These notes, specifically the "sec-ban if negative behaviour continues" is what prompted me to take such a harsh stance on you, because you had been warned multiple times prior for very, very similar behaviour and didn't seem to have improved. It was my method of going "Hey, if you want to continue playing on our servers, you really need to take a break and get used to our rules."

I'm sorry if you felt that I handled it in a rushed manner and I will try to improve upon that. But please do understand that my reasoning was not unjust, and there was quite a bit of proof against your name.
Mime here!

To be frank - yeah - before I even knew it was a nuclear round I decided to try and mess with sec a little and place a simple table in front of security (not to be too destructive but to let out that little menace inside me) .

Essentially I would have liked to get brigged and set on a timer.

Thing is you could have buckled me to a chair or switched your taser battery. I was displeased of you choosing to punch me while I had no chance of fighting back; essentially I was already under your control. I had no way of interacting with other objects than disposal bins and segways and a like.

Tip: Try to keep your cuffed prisoners away from those interactables when possible.

You stripped me naked in the security officers equipment room (where you could have also grabbed a new taser or stun baton) and punched me there. I gasped and deathgasped to show you I was hurt (I did not die but was in red health) .
You then followed up by throwing me in the brig without setting a timer or even bothering to health scan me or healing me.

Since you thought I died (and the Nukies still haven't arrived at that point) I wonder why you didn't opt to clone me? At no point I decided to harm you in any way. Be a nuisance yes; but nothing more than harmless fun.

After you threw me in the brig (endlessly) I was trapped there and had no items left to contact anyone. I was a Mime - unable to call out over the radio comms.
Without my PDA or piece of paper and pencil I was essentially left to die; and dead I was when the Nukies arrived.

Once they arrived you fled security and ran towards QM - during which time you ran past the cell windows and I pointed at you to make myself noticed.
No reaction on your part. :/

When stripping down prisoners you should also care to weight their crimes and unsucessfully placing a table down shouldn't leave a player trapped and close to death with no options to communicate.

---

Anyway - if it is worth something I do not think you should be job-banned for such a long period of time for this.

In your complaint here it was pointed out that Enekai said there were several bad security notes associated to your account?
I mean if those were really that bad that it is up to Enekai; but I'd rather see you understand the ways of security and take a while to work together with others on the team.

During my first months on GOON I was literally the incarnation of Shit-Sec but during the last few months I took a greater effort to work towards bettering myself and helping fellow security members out.

Being alone in security can be quite stressfull so I do not even blame you for overreacting in some manners - I'd just wish you'd understand what happened and can learn from it. smile

I was writing this before Knights post - looking at the notes - yeah I can see a pattern.

Oof~ admin edit: irrelevant, please stick to facts and avoid taking potshots or your opinions
Hello!

As a kind of non-biased party, in terms of that I wasn't present for the round and have just read the logs, in terms of physical acts only, you seem to have been suplexed once by the perp, for which punching them nearly 20 times seems slightly excessive, especially considering non-lethal tools available and them having been successfully deployed in cuffing them.
This is not factoring the two flashbangs that have been indeed set off, albeit endangering someone's health over these might be a little much.

In terms of them being able to control you while grabbed, that should be impossible when the person you're grabbing is cuffed. Also, most of your punches happened in relatively the same location (the coordinates in the paranthesis on the punches displayed in the logs above), to further suggest that wasn't taking place. Are you certain you didn't confuse them turning around in different directions (which they can do, albeit not actually move), or you having been flashbanged and possessing disoriented movement due to their effect with them actually resisting? I have a hunch that this might've been happening and could have misguided your judgement in this scenario.

I'm sorry you feel this was unjust and hope that some of my thoughts help reconsider some of the events.
Looking in, while I do understand why you did this like you did, and it shows a good awareness of our systems, it also bothers me quite a bit.

Yes, jumping to an admin complaint would be how you would get another admin to look at your case for certain, but that you did not even consider a ban appeal on a ban also shows that you did not even consider discussion with the person that punished you originally, instead believing that only a "biased" individual would punish you.

This is decidedly not the case. A lot of what you've said is confusing or misleading-it's pretty unlikely that mime had sunglasses, for example[it was, after all, nuke-time limitations], and security still spawns with flashes unless I'm crazy, given a good example here-and given that awareness of our systems I'm personally not inclined to give you the benefit of just not thinking of such things, but instead constructing a self-positive narrative with all of this and assuming no one would log dive on you.

In summary; this isn't a good look to me for a security officer in general. You're not chill.

I never want to give anyone any reason not to admin complaint, or feel pressured not to.... but next time, please properly use a ban appeal first. This was a 30 day ban, there was no reason not to discuss it with the banner before complaining about their behavior-which was likely rushed due to nuke op-regardless of the fairness of it.