Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
space slug - Banned by Wonkmin
Who banned you?: Wonkmin
Byond Key: space slug
Date of Ban: I have to guess somewhere in August? 2019.
Specified Reason for Ban: (Reason: George Field (Space Slug): SAY: get cummed on - came back two days ago from a ban for language, now doing this and generally being a pest to people. Get out.
Ban Length: Perma
What led to the ban? I really can't remember but I think it was after I killed someone or beat them at something I hope a admin still has the logs.
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: I am appealing this because I wish to play on the server again as it is one of the best SS13 servers and because I am sorry to the admins for being a annoyance during the time I played. I simply just wish to be able to play the server again as I am getting reinterested in SS13 and the servers that are great. Like this one and also the fact that I love the admins that are here.
Which rule did you break? Rule 3. No bigotry or sexual content. 
Evasion Attempts: None.
Hello. Wonk is still taking an admin vacation for the moment. As a party present for the events leading to your ban, I will be taking over this appeal.

The round before you were banned I caught you making bigoted comments, arrested you, put you into solitary, and made you promise to stop breaking the language rules before letting you back out. You repaid this by continuing to make gross remarks the next round, leading to the ban (with consideration given to your extensive history of bad language).

I would like to know a bit more about why you think you'll be capable of holding yourself accountable for correcting that language now, when you couldn't do so back then. Specifically, another player (me), asked you to stop breaking the rules, and you responded by calling me "retarded":

[Image: c4vIUrk.png]

This was, as Wonk noted, two days off of another ban for language use. That's not a great track record. What's going to be different this time?
(06-30-2020, 11:19 AM)CaptainBravo Wrote: Hello. Wonk is still taking an admin vacation for the moment. As a party present for the events leading to your ban, I will be taking over this appeal.

The round before you were banned I caught you making bigoted comments, arrested you, put you into solitary, and made you promise to stop breaking the language rules before letting you back out. You repaid this by continuing to make gross remarks the next round, leading to the ban (with consideration given to your extensive history of bad language).

I would like to know a bit more about why you think you'll be capable of holding yourself accountable for correcting that language now, when you couldn't do so back then. Specifically, another player (me), asked you to stop breaking the rules, and you responded by calling me "retarded":

[Image: c4vIUrk.png]

This was, as Wonk noted, two days off of another ban for language use. That's not a great track record. What's going to be different this time?
I've grown as a person and I no longer use things like "Retard" as a insult or even use it also the fact that I don't want to be banned again. (PS. Sorry for responding late as it didn't Email me.
Fair enough. I'm not going to rake you over hot coals on this. Do read the following paragraph very carefully because if you fail to abide by it again your next appeal will not go through quite so readily:

Quote:Bigotry and sexual content is a non-negotiable hard 'no'. If you are unsure what sexual content includes: do not refer to sex acts, genitalia, or anything sexual in nature. Rape 'jokes' are considered sexual content. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to use the word rape in this game. Yes, you can call people dicks and insult them with terms that are used normally, but don't use bigoted language or slurs. Common examples of bigoted language include calling people 'retards' or 'traps', or using 'gay' in a derogatory manner. If an admin tells you to knock something off because it breaks the no bigotry or sexual content rule, that is not an invitation for debate. Knock it off or go elsewhere. Bigoted language (for example, slurs) is also not allowed in your BYOND key, character name, flavor text, or anything else with which you interact with the server, whether as a joke, or masked with misspellings or spoonerisms.

Give me a minute and I'll lift the ban.
(06-30-2020, 12:41 PM)CaptainBravo Wrote: Fair enough. I'm not going to rake you over hot coals on this. Do read the following paragraph very carefully because if you fail to abide by it again your next appeal will not go through quite so readily:

Quote:Bigotry and sexual content is a non-negotiable hard 'no'. If you are unsure what sexual content includes: do not refer to sex acts, genitalia, or anything sexual in nature. Rape 'jokes' are considered sexual content. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to use the word rape in this game. Yes, you can call people dicks and insult them with terms that are used normally, but don't use bigoted language or slurs. Common examples of bigoted language include calling people 'retards' or 'traps', or using 'gay' in a derogatory manner. If an admin tells you to knock something off because it breaks the no bigotry or sexual content rule, that is not an invitation for debate. Knock it off or go elsewhere. Bigoted language (for example, slurs) is also not allowed in your BYOND key, character name, flavor text, or anything else with which you interact with the server, whether as a joke, or masked with misspellings or spoonerisms.

Give me a minute and I'll lift the ban.

Thanks!