Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Give Mediborgs Fire Extinquishers
Flaming patients go brrrrr.

But seriously, of all the modules to not have one in their kit, Mediborg? Man that's cold flaming hot.
Gameplay wise I'd have to agree...BUT...I find it way funnier if a borg is panicking because he is unable to save a patient...so he has to drag the patient to another human or medbay.

I opt for leaving it as it is on this one.
Or give the roboticist a way to give borgs new modules entirely.
(06-30-2020, 06:15 AM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: Flaming patients go brrrrr.

But seriously, of all the modules to not have one in their kit, Mediborg? Man that's cold flaming hot.

Yusyusyus. Often you just have to burn mender through however long it takes for them to not be on fire and that can take so so long sometimes even when IN medbay among other humans. Also means if you get caught without propulsion upgrade (it happens) you can extinguisher fart back towards station.
Seems like an oversight tbh. +1
Not saying "this wouldn't help", but you have three beakers. When I'm mediborging I tend to have one of them filled with a mix of silver sulfadiazine and water to splash onto burning people. Water extinguishes the fire, silver sulfadiazine heals the burns. I use this mix because it's also trivial to do even with the stupid interface that cyborgs have to use when using the chem dispensers.
(06-30-2020, 11:53 AM)Mordent Wrote: Not saying "this wouldn't help", but you have three beakers. When I'm mediborging I tend to have one of them filled with a mix of silver sulfadiazine and water to splash onto burning people. Water extinguishes the fire, silver sulfadiazine heals the burns. I use this mix because it's also trivial to do even with the stupid interface that cyborgs have to use when using the chem dispensers.

Oh indeed but my beaker's normally full of *other* meds due to lack of access to some pills like mannitol, calomel etc. We can use the normal chem UI but it leads to bugged beakers if you forget to store ?
Doesn't the civilian module have a fire extinguisher? Just give the mediborg an extinguisher - you can already extinguish people but it's a massive pain in the ass and you gotta sacrifice a beaker slot, which is huge. Just make it easier for the poor borgs.
Hi. Please absolutely not.

Mediborgs not having extinguishers is far from an oversight and more of a balance thing. As it is now the extinguisher is by far the best weapon any Borg can get outside of chemicals, and not every Borg has it. For case of mediborgs, it would be incredibly overpowered seeing as mediborgs can not only mix their own chems but also apply them using the scalpel they have, if they could follow that up with an extinguisher it would be annoying. Now yes, chemborg also gets extinguisher, but not nearly as effective of a means to deploy their chemicals and the setting they are meant to be working in more so fits them having an extinguisher. Finally, it's all pros and cons, which module to take to best help you fill an empty-ish role on the station, and as a doctor, you would have less reason to be going around firefighting than sticking to medbay and helping fire burn survivors.
(07-01-2020, 08:00 AM)Drago156 Wrote: Hi. Please absolutely not.

Mediborgs not having extinguishers is far from an oversight and more of a balance thing. As it is now the extinguisher is by far the best weapon any Borg can get outside of chemicals, and not every Borg has it. For case of mediborgs, it would be incredibly overpowered seeing as mediborgs can not only mix their own chems but also apply them using the scalpel they have, if they could follow that up with an extinguisher it would be annoying. Now yes, chemborg also gets extinguisher, but not nearly as effective of a means to deploy their chemicals and the setting they are meant to be working in more so fits them having an extinguisher. Finally, it's all pros and cons, which module to take to best help you fill an empty-ish role on the station, and as a doctor, you would have less reason to be going around firefighting than sticking to medbay and helping fire burn survivors.

Gotta agree with this. Ideally you'd be working with another borg built to handle the fire
Or request human support - or drag said human to medbay (that one who is burning) .

Actually even from player interactions I find it more enjoyable if the most optimal solution is not directly available.
I love observing a borg heroicly drag me around to safe my life.