Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Chaplain Mechanics
A typo I saw earlier made me think giving the Chaplain a round long goal would be fun:

+ The Chaplain is given holy missions to convert certain people or gather personal crew "relics"
+ Completing missions and converting in general gives the Chaplain points/favor
+ He can spend points to gain items, blessings/abilities, and eventually become the Space Pope

Any ideas? Anyone like this?
I don't think a Chaplain should receive abilities by simply being his job.

But perhaps - the following,...

A bless-o-vendor!
This nifty little machine requires people to give up their most prized possessions to receive a blessing of sorts.
That blessing could be of good or bad nature.

The Honkmother may grant a blessing of temporary clumsiness,...
The Space-Warden may grant a blessing of temporary stun resistance,...
The Great Greytider may grant a blessing of one random pill of an assortment of nifty substances like (Crime) and a like,...

I'd rather see an implementation for people to get some cool or bad RNG by giving up their posessions as a notion of cleansing oneself of materialistic needs.

---

Long-term gimmick goals for the Chaplain would be cool though.
I dunno how I feel about this. If you go along with some sort of gimmick faith or practice and some chill admins are online, you can more often than not just kinda pray away and have something happen assuming it's not that disruptive to the round or the round is possibly going to be drab as is.
That kind of applies to anything when it comes to admin prayers. Having a goal for Chaplains to work towards that isn't strictly for RP satisfaction could be nice. It would also be consistent.