Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
remove flashbang rushing
(09-27-2020, 11:36 AM)Drago156 Wrote: Ok I think it should be noted who the primary users of flashbangs are, BECAUSE IT'S MOST CERTAINLY NOT SECURITY, I rarely see a security officer use flashbangs like ever, but instead I see them more oftenly used by shitters or antags with lower access levels like staffies and clowns, and I often see them just yeet the armed flashbang and move out of range of the effects. Nerfing flashbang protection does actually nothing to this, and doesn't solve this problem at all, and you would be dead wrong to think current flashbang effects aren't overpowered in the current meta. Also to rebuttal storage space issues, flashbangs are small items, meaning they can be stored in boxes and virtually any container, and they often already come in a box in sets of 6, and officers probably wouldn't have all of their pocket and backpack spaces filled considering they get both the sec belt and pouch to hold things.

As Sec, I always have a flashbang with me as it's your one big AOE option. Flashbang and Fog since that was added. So they are being used by Sec.

I gotta agree with Sundance on the problem being the protection muffs give, probably Sec glasses and other eye protection too.
OKay so about the whole new sec making a mistake and using a flashbang in hand thing. Yeah its an accident and part of learning but think of this. If they accidentally use it in hand and their arm get BLASTED OFF I think they will remember not to do that again. Its a good teaching mechanism in my mind.
That's fair enough, plus it could make for some fun flavor text about it the flash disarming you
re-reading the thread i definitely agree with adjacent flashbangs penetrating resistances - it would also give the grenade launcher some utility against folks running with super heavy getups.