Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tweak Gang Gear Buying a Little Bit
Currently when you buy gang gear, it spits out the item and deducts the gang points from the gang's total. That's fine but I think it could be cooler and more in-line with gang's premise and design. The idea:

When you buy a weapon, it announces that you have bought this weapon over your gang comms, and then *anybody* in the gang can make their way over to their locker and claim the weapon. So in effect you're buying for your whole gang instead of just for yourself. This has a few benefits:

1. It reduces the feeling of one person wasting all the points on one weapon while everyone else gets nothing, which is no fun

2. It encourages all the gang members to congregate around the locker which could lead to fun planning and cooperation. Also emphasizes the location of the base in general more

3. It makes each gang appear more distinct to the crew: Now you have "The Gang with lasers" or "The Gang with d-sabers". I think this firmer identity would be good for gang and generally help people know Who Is In What Gang Together

4. It could allow enemy gangsters or security to listen in on comms and hear what gear is being bought and then try to do some counter play

Prices for items could be tweaked to accommodate this idea but It hink they should remain around the same now, since they feel really expensive anyways and it feels hard to buy gear without feeling like I'm screwing over the rest of my gang because it's so pricey
I see potential problems with specific items like the police car and really powerful things,...

What is your idea concerning those? It is hard enough to reap enough credits to buy one of those...so I imagine the initial response concerning this is to amp up the price; but I argue that this amped up price would too hard to be achieved.
You could probably make stuff like the police car or jank tanks and ammo not be communally bought like this, just weapons
Sure. Sounds like a potentially fun addition. smile
My initial thought was giving every ganger a points wallet that gets filled by the objective points, but this is actually a more interesting idea.

I have a question though. Currently gangs items have themes like "wild west", "ninjas", etc. I always thought that these were to be exclusive themes that gangs would devote themselves to, so if they're ninjas they can only buy ninja items, etc. Is that just an eventual goal that was never realized?
I think themed gangs may still be planned for the future?
Even if they are added, though, I would still very much like purchases to be for the entire gang, I feel like making purchases for a single person feels very bad.
If I did it, I would feel kind of selfish, and I think other people might feel the same way, so a lot of the time gang points just kinda go unused.