Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bucklecuffin'
bucklecuffing isn't really a thing anymore, you can free yourself even if strapped to a chair/bed. which is cool, but if you're trying to keep someone restrained for awhile you're a little limited. you have to keep stunning them each time they try resisting, or uncuff them from the chair & move them to interrupt the process and hope they don't get free and zoom around all over the place. this makes it very difficult to have dramatic hostage standoffs.

would suggest any form of interaction on someone (shake, disarm, grab, punch) interrupts a freeing attempt
straightjackets exist
Honestly, I really like this idea. If they're trying to break out of handcuffs, any interaction should deliver a message like "Person X interrupts Person Y's breakout" or something.
It would be very handy for this to happen
God no.
If anything straight jackets need a way to self remove.
Taking someone hostage should have you kept on your feet.
Lainge Wrote:God no.

If it's too troublesome then people won't do fun hostage gimmicks, they'll just kill you outright.
mozi Wrote:would suggest any form of interaction on someone (shake, disarm, grab, punch) interrupts a freeing attempt

it's painful enough getting out of cuffs as it is with people deliberately being shitheads to you if you're cuffed behind a bush or something trying to discretely take them off. please no. just use a damn straightjacket.
Embolism Wrote:

If it's too troublesome then people won't do fun hostage gimmicks, they'll just kill you outright.
Yeah I've noticed a lot less "okay I'll just bucklecuff you while I set up a dumb gimmick or search your things" and more "since there's no way to restrain you for more than a minute it's a lot safer for me to just shoot you in the face 8 times"
Dauntasa Wrote:
Embolism Wrote:

Yeah I've noticed a lot less "okay I'll just bucklecuff you while I set up a dumb gimmick or search your things" and more "since there's no way to restrain you for more than a minute it's a lot safer for me to just shoot you in the face 8 times"
This
Dauntasa Wrote:
Embolism Wrote:

The only other alternative requires running to medbay and, depending on how much of a jerk you feel like being, the bridge. (Blindfolded muzzled and straightjacketed anyone?) Much less of a hassle to just kill them so they don't get away and scream so they grey tide can wash in and kill you for trying to do something fun.