Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give mining borgs a material analyzer/matsci machine access
I like mining, but I only like to do it as a borg and it bothers me that I can't take notes on different materials and ores (miraclium in particular) without being a human. By extension, being able to play with the nano crucible or other matsci machines would also be wonderful.
(06-25-2020, 02:14 AM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: I like mining, but I only like to do it as a borg and it bothers me that I can't take notes on different materials and ores (miraclium in particular) without being a human. By extension, being able to play with the nano crucible or other matsci machines would also be wonderful.

I'd love to be a construction worker and ask borgs that are interested in helping me - to create some wonderful gold-tiles or whatnot.

If that change is necessary to make something like this possible - I see no reason why that would not be a great Quality of Life improvement. smile
I can't check right this second if it does already, but we could have the Nano Crucible (or whatever it's called, the thing where you make alloys) accept materials via crate drag-and-drop like most of the other machines do?

We could also do the "drag-and-drop to start stuffing it full of a pile of ore on the ground".

I'm not a huge fan of the repeated code around the various ore/ingot-accepting machines and the ways they are loaded, seems like a reasonable thing to standardize (i.e. accept drag-and-drop and loading from crates), which would also allow cyborgs to do it.

No objection to adding a material analyzer to the mining cyborg's tools.
If we could do the crate thing with the nano crucible as well as the nano fab, I would be highly appreciative. I'm not sure if it already is, I'm under the impression it's not. I'll test it in a second.