Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improving the camera
The detectives camera sucks major ass.
Oh look! Someone is beating up someone with a fire extinguisher! Let me take a picture of just 1 tile and suddenly that's evidence. Evidence of that person holding a fire extinguisher, which is not illegal.
The only time the camera is of any use if that you take a pic of a changling strangling someone, in which case you can see a grab and the victim is also in the pic.
Apart from this, the detective doesn't really bring his camera around him because taking pictures actually takes up room in your bag, which is pretty awful.

So here's what I propose
[Image: VCHAkb8.png]
A scene of a crime! If I was to take a picture of it, it would be just one tile (the red box)
But what if the photo took all the adjacent tiles too (the green box)? So essentially your photo is a 3x3 picture. Which is far better, because you are actually taking a picture of a crime scene, not a tile, which is pointless

For this to work, photo's would be different. Photo's would work exactly like paper, you can label it, for example "Captains room". When examining the photo, you'd get a pop-up, just like reading a note on paper, but this time it would be the 3x3 picture. I know this is possible, as I've seen pictures on paper before, there's one in space.
This would also mean you could attach photo's to clipboards and notice boards too!
Being able to take pictures of areas would be so amazing.
Well there was that one time a detective took a picture of me standing over an emag I had just bought...
Make it so that the farther you are the larger area you photograph (up to 5x5), but it's hard to notice tiny or small items in bigger area photos.
Also being able to stack photos would be pretty nice.
Lainge Wrote:Also being able to stack photos would be pretty nice.

This. Make it so that the top one shows, and clicking on the photo stack in hand flips through them. Clicking on them in hand with your other hand removes the top one from the stack.
Make it a square-format Hasselblad system with interchangeable lenses; a normal lens for 3*3, a wide-angle lens for 5*5 and a telephoto lens for a single tile, with a limited number of items appearing in each frame to enforce usage of the appropriate lens. The detective, having finished their twelve-frame roll, orders some developer and fixer from the chemists and loads the roll into a developing tank in absolute darkness. Developer in, agitate for a while, developer out, then the same with fixer and water. Then you have to print them, too. Oh, and the Hasselblad camera also makes you talk with a Swedish accent

You know you want to, Cogwerks. I've seen you in the Dorkroom
Ag Bengip Wrote:Make it a square-format Hasselblad system with interchangeable lenses; a normal lens for 3*3, a wide-angle lens for 5*5 and a telephoto lens for a single tile, with a limited number of items appearing in each frame to enforce usage of the appropriate lens. The detective, having finished their twelve-frame roll, orders some developer and fixer from the chemists and loads the roll into a developing tank in absolute darkness. Developer in, agitate for a while, developer out, then the same with fixer and water. Then you have to print them, too. Oh, and the Hasselblad camera also makes you talk with a Swedish accent

You know you want to, Cogwerks. I've seen you in the Dorkroom

Security shutters on the very easily-accessible Information Office would do just the trick for a darkroom!