Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Blocking pushes you one tile back
Rainbow 
Thread title.

That's it. When you block and successfully block a target it pushes you (not the attacker) one tile backwards.

This a minor buff to block. It means the attacker cannot throw another punch without moving forward. 

This will make blocking a bit more viable in combat, where not getting hit is the main strategy. It has its limitations, simply due to the fact that being backed against a wall will negate this addition.
Slippage, space, and various hazards (fire, crushers, etc) are common enough that I'm not sure this wouldn't ultimately be a nerf. As good as moving is, moving uncontrollably and in a direction determined by your opponent is not.
If blocking also made you hard to shove I think this would be great.

Physically block people at doorways
sounds reasonable
This feels like more of a nerf than a buff to me. Being moved by an external force usually feels bad in-game.
how about the other way around then, by blocking attacks you push away your attacker?
I think either kind of push would mean the person who is blocking has less capability to follow-up on the block by immediately retaliating

but it could be an interesting effect, maybe tie it to certain kinds of weapons to make them more defensive?
(06-21-2020, 01:20 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: This feels like more of a nerf than a buff to me. Being moved by an external force usually feels bad in-game.
(06-21-2020, 04:40 PM)mbc Wrote: I think either kind of push would mean the person who is blocking has less capability to follow-up on the block by immediately retaliating

but it could be an interesting effect, maybe tie it to certain kinds of weapons to make them more defensive?

I see your sword and raise you a shield.  on guard, brother
(06-21-2020, 04:40 PM)mbc Wrote: I think either kind of push would mean the person who is blocking has less capability to follow-up on the block by immediately retaliating

Actually yeah. I can see blocking with different items having different effects that either move you, keep you still, make you hard to push, or move your opponent back