Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Arse Nath should not delimb, ever
(06-21-2020, 07:46 PM)vampirate Wrote: Til wizards can't be taken out by an unshieldable acid glass I am against any wizard nerfs

this
You know what? That is 100% fair.

Make wizard clothing immune to chems and their effects so you have to rely on stuns or guns or explosives, THEN nerf them.
(06-22-2020, 04:39 AM)Mouse Wrote: That's what I thought but people have been consistently losing limbs along with their butt so either it was changed or it's broken or we were all delusional.

I think the chance for de-limb is just lower when you have a functional butt.

Well anyway,...

My take on Arse Nath is this:

+ Only de-limb when a player has no butt
+ Spell removes the butt first

Easy and simple.
As far as I could tell from the code, Rathen's Secret currently always has a 7% chance for each individual limb to detach, regardless of your butt status. Not having a butt simply lengthens the stun to 3 seconds instead of 2 and does some minor brute damage.

I have made a PR to change Rathen's Secret to only remove limbs if the person has not butt, but I think that perhaps it should also be changed to always remove exactly one limb in that situation, rather than having it be RNG.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/1192
Arse Nath should now remove the butt on the first hit and if you have no butt, always remove exactly 1 limb.

There have been some concerns that the main balance issue with it is the 2 second, unavoidable, instant aoe stun, though.
The main problem with this seems to be that it allows you to perform combos like AN->Magic Missile->Cluwne with little to no counterplay for the crew.
How do y'all feel about this and what would be your solution to this issue?

Write at least 250 words and don't forget to put your name and ID on the top right. You have 90 minutes, time starts now.
Name: Scrubbo Trashdigger

ID: Official Trashpicker

---

So it begins!
A horrid night, a horrid day; the horrible sky and the wizard warps away!
I lost my butt and thus I hide in my shitty little hut; the toilet stalls. No wizard in sight but oh-no-jolly-time! My fart organ has been flowing by...even worse the clown is wearing it - - - what a curse!

I reimburse my sadness with another butt...it is fried...I eat it; still doesn't taste right.
My emotional plight - I lost a fight. No security officer in sight.

Oh here he comes - the Wizard - the drums.
Inside my shitty little stall the Wizards spells are plentyful.
An arm flies off - My blood flows and I do sob. Down the drain - bathsalts to wash away the pain.
But it gets worse!
I am on the ground - this grandé Magician tramples around. He touches my head - and then I'm dead; electrical shocks are flowing through my micrological eco-system inside my personal phsysical body - that I am bound to.

From far away - a ghost I am - I see the Trickster going through his plans.
He asked the janitor to clean the litrine; a corpse is behind the seams of the bolted door - it seems.

The cleaner-man is on his way - AI unbolts the door and he tries to save - his own butt - but oh my!
AI is rogue - locks the janitor inside!

History is bound to repeat - now it is not me but his very own personal story of defeat.

---

I do not think that the stun is a problem. That is my gist - fun little stories come of it.
There are plenty counters to a Wizard and the build of him being a glass-cannon fits right with me.
Cluwne or Electrical Shock have high cooldowns on their own to make sure these spells take time UNTIL they are available to be used again. smile
I don't know what the fuck you just wrote, but I do know that it is ART!