Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Arse Nath should not delimb, ever
An instant, unavoidable stun on everyone on screen is already powerful enough.
Please, for the love of god. When empowered, sure, but not normally.

The delimbing is the biggest part for me, personally.
Yes. 

It's being overplayed lately, but it's always been a pretty OP spell for some time. You need to understand that the limb knocking off chance was a pre-stun rework addition where as a wizard you could get downed pretty easy from a taser and knocked unconscious. 

Now that all that's changed, but there's still a few vestigial stuff like Rathen's Secret that hasn't carried over. 

Quote:When empowered, sure, but not normally.

Why? Where does in the empowered description describe boosting other spells? I got bad news for ya Aft, but that's another one for the chopping block...
Some of my favorite wiz round experiences have been being a doctor and tending to tons of people who are missing limbs, it's a really unique situation that rarely pops up but is super cool and fun and I'd be sad to see it go. IMO the stun is what makes the spell boring, because it's an incredibly practical autoaim stun. (Magic missile is basically this too but worse) The delimbing is unique and interesting and I like it !
Perhaps the stun could be reduced instead.

I can understand the frustration, but giving Medical and Botany jobs is never a bad idea when the wizard isn't being a dick and solely targeting those places.
I initially grumped when reading Flabs post but changing it a stunless spell which just knocks off butts and limbs would be actually be much better.

But i'd change how that damage is inflicted. Firstly remove the damage on all counts and let the limb % be more reliable but less vicious. So when first used, it removes your butt. second, third, etc, use it will remove x1 limb per use.

Currently it has a rather nasty tendency to remove 2-3 limbs if your butt is missing, with minor damage to boot.
(06-20-2020, 06:15 AM)Flaborized Wrote: Some of my favorite wiz round experiences have been being a doctor and tending to tons of people who are missing limbs, it's a really unique situation that rarely pops up but is super cool and fun and I'd be sad to see it go. IMO the stun is what makes the spell boring, because it's an incredibly practical autoaim stun. (Magic missile is basically this too but worse) The delimbing is unique and interesting and I like it !

It's not a situation that rarely pops up, though.  It used to be but in the last few months it seems to be pretty reliably (>50%) severing a single limb, and severing multiple limbs commonly enough that any wiz round with arse nath being thrown around will see at least one person lose three limbs from one cast.

That said, removing the stun would also be a decent fix.
Here's what I'm thinking so far.

Arse Naths stun should either be nerfed or not exist.

It should have a 100% chance of removing a limb, but the first limb it will attempt to remove will always be the butt.

This gives people a chance to react to the fact that a wizard that can delimb you is rampaging on the station, and gives you a chance to re-attach a butt, giving you one more use before it can potentially become a more long term problem.
I disagree, it should stay. The delimbing is already a low chance anyway, and wizards get swarmed as it is. The wizard of today is still a shell of the immortal murder machine it used to be. At least they aren't instantly gibbing people like they used to. Even cluwning got nerfed with a cast timer
Til wizards can't be taken out by an unshieldable acid glass I am against any wizard nerfs
Arse Nath really is not the worst spell.

Just grab your butt - stitch it on again right after you lost ist...and you most likely will never face any other limbs getting de-limbed.
Easy counter.

I disagree with any changes.

I ought to think if one is going to nerfe Arse Nath...we will just see more Fireballs,...
And if we do that...anyone might consider to nerf Fireball,...
And so on and so forth.

Since de-limbing is not the real issue with that spell (if you bother to stitch your butt back on again)...Arse Nath...that is; why should it be nerfed?
Arse Nath still delimbs if you have a butt.
(06-22-2020, 04:19 AM)Mouse Wrote: Arse Nath still delimbs if you have a butt.

I think it would be fun if a butt does protect you from being delimbed due to the spell. I kinda always thought it did.
That's what I thought but people have been consistently losing limbs along with their butt so either it was changed or it's broken or we were all delusional.
(06-21-2020, 07:46 PM)vampirate Wrote: Til wizards can't be taken out by an unshieldable acid glass I am against any wizard nerfs

These things are not mutually exclusive. You can reduce acid penalty while also reworking Rathen's Secret.

Btw, you'll discover the wizards who are getting ganked by shot glasses aren't the ones using this spell, as this combined with Empower makes ranged combat impossible:

Arse Nath -> Empower -> Pick up targets weapon -> Retreat to space for which you are invulnerable, to cool down. 
Return -> Arse Nath -> Empower -> Use weapon on target.

Repeat ad nauseum or at least until threat is sideways. 

There you have it folks. Now you too can cheese wizard rounds. Go forth and make a point or whatever. 

If you all like this strategy or think it's robust, fine by me, but make that point in the larger scheme of things. I think it's broken, has been for some time, and needs review.

Quote:Technature wrote: 
Arse Naths stun should either be nerfed or not exist.

It should have a 100% chance of removing a limb, but the first limb it will attempt to remove will always be the butt.

This gives people a chance to react to the fact that a wizard that can delimb you is rampaging on the station, and gives you a chance to re-attach a butt

This is almost exactly how I was seeing it changed to. This is a good post.