Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Borg Upgrade Ideas
+ Floodlights. For a power drain price, you can have a forward facing/cardinal direction floodlight.

+ Night Vision. Hopefully something not super grainy and awful to look at.

+ Anchor/Magnet. The ability to be unpushable.

+ Tow Cable. Please let us drag bodies fast again, I'm begging you.

+ Atm/Vend. Allow other people to use you as a vending machine or atm. Can restock with the restock thingies from cargo.

That's all I can think of for now.
+ Emergancy backup battery. A single-use upgrade that recharges the borg to half-capacity.

+ Overload capacitor. Makes the borg immune to flashes. Probably somehow hell to get or reserved for an as-of-yet unadded combat type of borg, like the proposed nuke ops borg thing.

+ Cluwning module. Turns the borg into a Cluwne when used.

+ Spectral analyzer. Basically the goggles scientists spawn with.

+ Modular sensory modification device. An upgrade that when used on anything that can be placed on the eye slot "absorbs" what it does and applies the effect to the installed borg. Can only scan when outside of said borg via a roboticist.

Additionally, I think the current system involving updrades as a while could be modified. Currently, it's just three slots on every borg that it can activate in exchage for power. However, I think it would introduce a new layer of complexity for the roboticist to have them go in different areas on the borg. IE a mensons upgrade goes in the head, an efficency upgrade goes in the chest, etc. And instead of just "3" each upgrade will have a "space" value which is how much space it takes up, while adding upgrades recuces the total amount of empty space in a borg. Bigger upgrades take up more space, and heavier borg parts have more space in general.
(06-19-2020, 09:22 AM)DJ-Fireball_did_this Wrote: + Emergancy backup battery. A single-use upgrade that recharges the borg to half-capacity.

+ Overload capacitor. Makes the borg immune to flashes. Probably somehow hell to get or reserved for an as-of-yet unadded combat type of borg, like the proposed nuke ops borg thing.

(...)

+ Spectral analyzer. Basically the goggles scientists spawn with.

These three already exist.

The "backup battery" is the "recharge pack" upgrade.
The "overload capacitor" is the "recovery" upgrade (okay, so not quite what you said, but activating it cancels the flash stun so you can run away or whatever).
The "spectral analyzer" is the "spectroscopic scanner" upgrade.

All three of these are available to be made in the robotics manufacturer.
Also Night Vision - Meson goggles upgrade?
I was hoping it would be similar to the Night Vision mutation. Mesons are ugly, that's my complaint.
Make Cyborg Mesons at least the same as Human Mesons.

So that I'm not blind.