Poll: Should auto map votes not apply to current map?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
60.87%
14 60.87%
No
26.09%
6 26.09%
Not sure
13.04%
3 13.04%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What if auto map votes for the current map didn't apply?
To my mind, it's a "best of both worlds" approach to fix some of the occasional staleness in map rotation - it doesn't prohibit a map from being voted for if people really want it, but makes it far less likely for the game to default to repeating the same map.

I would be 100% willing to try and code this feature myself - the objective of this thread is to gather some discussion on the concept and contemplate potential benefits / problems that might otherwise go overlooked.
oops i meant to vote for Yes, I misread it lmfao

I agree that auto-votes should not apply to the current map, and agree with the points outlined here. It'd be nice to play something other than Cog1 and Oshan.
I think it would be a good idea to wait for the current tide situation to settle down and see how the recent mapvote changes will affect things. I feel like lots of new players will vote for cog1 because it is familiar to them, it is often nice to not constantly have to learn a new map each round as a new player.
Disagree - I like my vote where it is. I have it set for a reason.
I know that playing Cog 1 constantly can be boring for a lot of people, but it's just what everyone recognizes and is considered the most fun.

The second this becomes a thing, people are gonna complain that they have to go out of their way to vote for the map they want to play on while the ones they don't want to play on get free votes.