Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
[idea] anomalies event
Have some anomaly event idea for each round that might fun and good for antagonists to have chance do crime in that event 
================================
1.Black out Event 
The station got some interfere from syndicate and make all the light and machine and door out of power 
Benefit : People will use emergency toolbox and light stick and flood light more! And make engineer become major role to response situation 
*after disaster gone may be have some reward like  small artifacts that can cut off/on the light 
Con : Increase chance for antagonist do crime in that event has chance to success so much 
2.Ghost event 
Make all ghost and spawn Ghost Critter in the station the only way to make us safe is go to the church and fight them with holy item
Benefit: People interact with church often make chaplain more important to the round and chemist and chef can make salt and holy water to protect people make them become important role to handle the event 
3.air condition broken!
Oh no air condition is broken now the entire station is so hot to live what should we do! 
Make all station feel abit hot and increase thirsty to all crew make them need more water and visit pool more than usual 
Benefit: Bartender and doctor will become major role to deal with situation and mentol , mint and other cool drink will very useful for this situation 
4.Agressive animal! Outbreak! 
Well what happen if all animal in station like monkey dog cat walrus become furious! 
The event for make all animal in station become furious and attack everything they see for 5 minute to survive this we need to hide in safe place or knockdown animal or even tame it! This disaster will make sec MD and fighter boxer or even rancher become major role to deal with situation 
*Rancher’s chicken might effect or not is still questionable because it can be more fun!
You been suggesting a lot lately... that's all.

I think some of these sorta or less already happen.
most of these already happen.
I like these ideas, with both Classic and Roleplay in mind. Item by item:

Black out Event: Feels a bit more like an admin-induced thing than a random event, given the scale of it and the fact that traitors can already kind of cause it with a powersink. Even so, I've oft had some really memorable times due to en masse loss of lights/power, so another way for it to happen sounds good.

Ghost Event: If I understand this right, it essentially makes all current ghosts into a special sort of antag that can only be hurt with the help of holy water and salt? If so, would provide an antag critter spawn that isn't just relatively easily stopped by sec hitting them with taser and baton, which I like.

Air Conditioning Broken: Especially fun as something for Roleplay since they already have the motives to support it, and would provide a nice "reminder" to go drink rather than just let hydration sit at 0, since you'd be more sure there'd be other folks hanging out there. On Classic, I imagine it could cause some "run on the bank" situations with some vending machines. Always nice to have something that helps drive people to the same location.

Aggressive animal outbreak: Could be annoying if it happens in too many rounds, and would cause people to more often kill station animals pre-emptively (particularly on Classic), which I'm not so big on. Interested in hearing what you're thinking of re:"tame it".
(02-25-2024, 10:43 AM)Kotlol Wrote: You been suggesting a lot lately... that's all.

I think some of these sorta or less already happen.
I just know this website few day ago that why sorry if you feel uncomfortable with it  queen greater domestic space-bee
(02-25-2024, 12:41 PM)saccharineChampion Wrote: I like these ideas, with both Classic and Roleplay in mind. Item by item:

Black out Event: Feels a bit more like an admin-induced thing than a random event, given the scale of it and the fact that traitors can already kind of cause it with a powersink. Even so, I've oft had some really memorable times due to en masse loss of lights/power, so another way for it to happen sounds good.

Ghost Event: If I understand this right, it essentially makes all current ghosts into a special sort of antag that can only be hurt with the help of holy water and salt? If so, would provide an antag critter spawn that isn't just relatively easily stopped by sec hitting them with taser and baton, which I like.

Air Conditioning Broken: Especially fun as something for Roleplay since they already have the motives to support it, and would provide a nice "reminder" to go drink rather than just let hydration sit at 0, since you'd be more sure there'd be other folks hanging out there. On Classic, I imagine it could cause some "run on the bank" situations with some vending machines. Always nice to have something that helps drive people to the same location.

Aggressive animal outbreak: Could be annoying if it happens in too many rounds, and would cause people to more often kill station animals pre-emptively (particularly on Classic), which I'm not so big on. Interested in hearing what you're thinking of re:"tame it".
Thank for feedback for “tame” idea is about feeding and petting it and give some key item to the animal after it completes criteria the animal will be tamed and can act like guard buddy but have more mechanic by has special ability depend on what animal it is. 
May be some of them can mount some of them can fun
(02-25-2024, 01:16 AM)meaow589 Wrote: 2.Ghost event 
Make all ghost and spawn Ghost Critter in the station the only way to make us safe is go to the church and fight them with holy item
Benefit: People interact with church often make chaplain more important to the round and chemist and chef can make salt and holy water to protect people make them become important role to handle the event
I dunno about the whole fighting them thing. But I think it would be cool if it was a extremely rare random event if all ghost suddenly became visible.
(02-27-2024, 05:57 PM)Megapaco Wrote: I dunno about the whole fighting them thing. But I think it would be cool if it was an hankextremely rare random event if all ghost suddenly became visible.

Thank!
Ghost event would be pretty cool. What would distinguish them from wraith? I mean there are multiple types of ghosts in folklore and media and it would be really awesome to have a haunted game mode.

Mayne the nature of the ghosts would be a bit more limited and there powers would be set unlike the wraith? Or maybe the wraith could be like the main boss of the event and anyone who dies on the map becomes a low level sort of ghost with alteration based on Wraith Path.

Either way, it sort of reminds me of Halo's Flood game mode and countless others and station death becomes way more of a meaningful problem. Maybe there would be temporary ways to deal with them like salt or iron and bigger ways like a ritual with the deceased corpse.

This could be entirely it's own event with its own goals like nuclear operatives or blob. Where if the crew wipes out the ghosts by destroying/doing rituals with corpses and kills the wraith they win. If the wraith and its ghost army kills them all the undead win. I'm afraid nobody will consider this stuff because of the damning low stars and visibility of this post but I support specifically the ghost idea.
(02-28-2024, 01:30 PM)JanusRose Wrote: This could be entirely it's own event with its own goals like nuclear operatives or blob. Where if the crew wipes out the ghosts by destroying/doing rituals with corpses and kills the wraith they win. If the wraith and its ghost army kills them all the undead win. I'm afraid nobody will consider this stuff because of the damning low stars and visibility of this post but I support specifically the ghost idea.
That meaning a lot thank
 I not have enough time to play this game that why you will see me post very often in here