Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Glove ID tracking
Gloves should have a tracker implanted in them, that could be used with the glove Id and secmate, to track the current postion of the gloves, The implant should also be able to cut out somehow, but have a antitamper method

As for the anti tamper method, i was thinking with my box shaped brain, something like you have a 60/40 chance to not set off the anti tamper and a 40 chance to set it off, and if it does go off, then sec is alerted, your tazed, and set to arrest
I think something along the lines could be neat,...

But saying that NanoTrasen implanted tasers and trackers into every glove is a bit far-fetched in my opinion.
Insulated gloves, uninsulated gloves, doctors latex gloves, fingerless gloves - all with tasers?
In my opinion; Nay.

Why not rather add such functionality in a different sense?

Let's say all the doors are wired to the station - which they are.
And security can check any Glove-ID to see in which sector that Glove-ID was used the last time.

For example - if one would wear latex gloves with the ID 051JDA and used them in medbay and then in research,...
Checking the Glove-ID at a sec-computer would print out that it was used recently in research.

Just a rough sketch of where it was used recently is enough in my opinion. Relying on someone being in sec to check it manually or let the AI check it through the computer is also nice to get people to work together - and rely on each other.
That does seem like a really fun way to send Sec on a wild goose chase when you get a second pair.
(06-16-2020, 08:31 AM)Technature Wrote: That does seem like a really fun way to send Sec on a wild goose chase when you get a second pair.

I argue forcing people to burn through gloves to stay hidden is the change needed to make forensic investigation worthwile.
I agree that glove ID could use some improvement; it's rarely useful in its current state. I think that your suggestion is "too strong", however. I think being able to trace the origin of the glove with the ID is a better way to handle this, so that location could be investigated.