Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tactical Syndicate Cyborg
So, I has the idea of a  Syndicate Cyborg Module for use by Nukeops, and was wondering what would be a good loadout for them to have. I'm not particularly good at game balancing, but to those of you who are, what tools and weapons would you like to see implemented?

The module itself would come inside Tactical Cyborg body available as a Loadout Crate - a very distinctive red and black body (that has yet to be sprited) that is ready to have a brain popped in, and is built on a Syndicate frame (and would probably come with a variety of upgrades like recovery modules, a massive internal cell, shields, etc.). Ask a fellow operative to help you out and get you rolling (just be sure to have them remove your microbomb FIRST).

The module itself should be easy to program - they're all essentially just lists of items that are available for the borg. Some may have to be tweaked to use internal cell power instead, such as energy weapons. The harder part might be actually just the spriting itself, alongside making the Tactical Cyborg object itself.

What do you guys think? Good idea, or way too OP, or just useless?
I was kicking the idea or either a nuke ops borg or some sorta vehicle around in my head. I'm not sure what a good loadout would be yet either so I'm interested to hear what people think.
What would the actual function be? What can it do that meat nukies can't? The only thing I can seem to find is survival of hostile areas. (Sarin spam, outside, etc.) Which, are currently a critical part in the balence of nukies. A borg would in theory let them get around that, and I'm not sure that's a good idea. Beyond that, Nukie tends to boil down to clicking spessmen until sideways, and borg or human with a gun aren't very different in doing that.

Maybe syndieborgs would be better suited for some other operation "special" to them. I think Goon kinda has a problem of putting cool military-themed ideas on nukies, even if they might work better for something else. Like NT-SO responses? Syndicate engineers? And now non-drone robots. All of these IMO would fit better with different military bullshit than "stand around nuclear bomb and shoot".
Hm, that is a very good point.

Perhaps the module should be centered more around support? Building/breaking stuff with tools, providing basic medical care, having some simple self-defense, etc.
(06-14-2020, 07:57 AM)Gannets Wrote: I was kicking the idea or either a nuke ops borg or some sorta vehicle around in my head. I'm not sure what a good loadout would be yet either so I'm interested to hear what people think.

Personally I'd love a kind of mech/pod thing sorta like Metal Gears D Walker.

Something they can switch from a speed mode to a mobility mode, with it's own second set of mechanical arms for hauling heavy weapons
I would greatly enjoy some borg assistance as a Nukie.

Why not set robotics as an infiltration target?

Or,...

Add this borg by giving the Nukies a tool - which they can apply to any borg. A normal borg can thus be transformed into the Nukie-borg in the matter of seconds. One might have to flash a borg so it cannot run away - but then it would definitely play a role to hijack existing station infrastructure.

More reasons to iniltrate!
@GORE

Unlike Flock or revs or something, nukies don't hijack station infastructure or assets, they just blow it all up.
Actually converting borgs to nukie borgs sounds like a great idea, since cyborgs are one of the biggest threats to a nukeop team (a few seconds of lapsed judgement on the nukie's end and an engi borg with enough reinforcement can RCD shit and destroy the bomb, or just unscrew and run with the bomb).

Should probably be fairly limited (either on a recharge or with limited usage). Rogue'ing a competent AI is difficult, so having a simpler option to just get some borgs on your side is a good idea.

Would nukie borgs get any special abilities or equipment, or would they just have Syndicate laws?
@DJ-Fireball_did_this
That is not true. Nukies can infiltrate and do lots of harm before the actual Nuke arrives. It does not mean every Nukie round has to take that round - but one Spy-Nukie can certainly get the authentication disk or convert the AI ... or even block off the area that has to be protected later. It is not all run and gun - if you got a coordinated team.

@aft2001
I reckon that a special Syndicate-Borg-Module should get installed into the borg.
Special abilities be it some intigrated guns or a nifty little voltagen-grenade-launcher for crowd control. I think a wide array of tools could prove interesting.

Generally a syndicate borg through converting an existing borg could provide some fresh new dynamics for a round. Players switching sides from Goodies to Baddies - watching the tides shift.
nukeops MECHA
If a borg DOES get those tools, it should probably alert the AI that a borg has gone rogue (shouldn't say which one), at least after a set time delay. Alternatively, the rogue borg should have the option to install their Syndicate module at any time, and as soon as that happens the AI is alerted and the borg sprite changes to a sinister red and black.

Also the borg should 100% explode on death or when the module is removed, including on suicide, because why not!
1. It should have a unique sprite that yells Nuke Op. No disguises - there are other Nuke Op sets for that purpose.

2. It should have a heavy suit, it is slow but strong. It should be immune to flashes, and access to its chassis via ID is syndicate ID only (so no easy debraining it, unless you've managed to acquire one). Its purpose can act pretty much like a shield by virtue of the fact of its robustness.

3. It should have 1-2 recovery upgrades pre-installed. A get-outta-jail card in case it gets stunned. I think any shield upgrades would make this OP.

4. It should explode upon death.

5. The ability to open/close/bolt doors and remotely turn of beepskies is very powerful, its tools need to be balanced around this fact. 

6. With this in mind - absolutely no RCD. Personally, the concept of a borg being able to instantly spawn walls with nigh-infinite ammo seems like absolute hell to deal with and would be OP.

7. It should have a syndicate omnitool in its tool slots, obviously.

8. It should be a bit of a swiss army knife in terms of function, it should be able to heal its fleshy comrades with automenders but shouldn't be stronger than a medic. It should also come with a atropine injector.

9. For a unique weapon, a EMP blaster would be dank and is pretty much already coded. It shoots an EMP projectile that deals big damage to other borgs (your natural enemy counterpart), while if it hits a flesh target, will drain the charge of its held energy weapon + disorientating it.

10. Its birdwell should be pitch shifted several octaves lower for a ominous B I R D W E L L
Sundance's rundown of how a Syndicate borg should work is honestly really good. A supportive and protective asset that is inherently extremely resilient, but can't do much without their organic comrades.
Maybe a synthflesh automender for comrades?
I totally dig Sundances points and agree with all of them.

In my opinion the borg should also posess at least one more direct way of damaging crew-members ... be it a dangerous melee-weapon in close-range combat or a slow firing projectile weapon; one of those types of weapons would also be quite neat.