Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
reduce chairflipping stun
the stun given to players that are chairflipped into is unfair. chairflip spamming completely overshadows any bit of skill either side of the fight has, and the stun allows the player who chairflipped to almost immediately get up without any chance of consequence, and allows them to set up for another chair flip just as you're getting up.

The stun given by players chairflipped into should be slightly reduced in order to actually give the player a chance to run away before the other player is already standing on a chair ready for the next spam flipping.
not arguing against changing the stun times, but I should mention that this is not an 'infinite' combo, you can easily avoid followup flips by choosing to REST intentionally until they leap, which causes them to harmlessly pass over your body and stun themselves (which you may be able to followup). One possible thing to look at could be the self-stun time for a missed chairflip, i'm not sure how long that is.
(06-12-2020, 04:23 PM)mbc Wrote: not arguing against changing the stun times, but I should mention that this is not an 'infinite' combo, you can easily avoid followup flips by choosing to REST intentionally until they leap, which causes them to harmlessly pass over your body and stun themselves (which you may be able to followup). One possible thing to look at could be the self-stun time for a missed chairflip, i'm not sure how long that is.

ah, yeah, missed mentioning that. The self-stun time for missing a chairflip still allows for a quick recovery and a small stun, which seems way too small and unpunishable with only a small damage consequence for missing, if any. (not sure if i remember correctly that missed chairflips do a small amount of damage). As for it not being an infinite combo, that's true, but I think that the stun is too long at the moment as it guarantees another chairflip "setup" at the least. I think that even a half second difference on the stuns somehow will make a huge difference.
Because it can be countered by staying the fuck down, I don't think the stun timer should be reduced for this reason.

Making it a little more punishing for missing might help though.
Make climbing onto a chair a progress bar action, so if you try to chairflip in the middle of combat you will get stopped in one punch and look like an idiot.
(06-12-2020, 06:08 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Make climbing onto a chair a progress bar action, so if you try to chairflip in the middle of combat you will get stopped in one punch and look like an idiot.

Joe McPubbie is climbing on a chair!

THE GREAT HONKSTER pulls the chair out from under Joe McPubbie - that fall had to hurt!
(06-12-2020, 06:08 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Make climbing onto a chair a progress bar action, so if you try to chairflip in the middle of combat you will get stopped in one punch and look like an idiot.

Hard no from my opinion.
I'm pretty sure you automatically counteract chair flips by switching to Grab intent. That might have been changed when chair flips got changed but I wouldn't think so.
just make it so you can collapse chairs while laying down.
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/1093