Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
buff nukie armor
Lately I've been feeling like nukies are too weak, both from the crew getting stronger weapons (pulse rifles), generally higher populations (nukies cap at six members, right?), and, paradoxically, from the nukies getting strong weapons.  In a game as disarm/stun centric as SS13, any lethal weapons the nukies have are likely to be turned against them.

My suggestion is to buff the nukeops by making them more survivable.  Easiest way to do that is simply by buffing their armor, since right now for most of them it's just a spacesuit with no slowdown - not that nukies want to be moving quickly anyways, what with slipping.

One suggestion I have is to make it function like a biosuit, so nukies can more freely use their sarin without fucking the team over.  Another is to add minor explosion resistance, so a disarmed grenadier isn't basically an instant loss for the nukies.  Giving the armor some disorient resistance might also help.  Does the heavy operative armor even have any?  If not, it should.

Nukies also really need a way to deal with knockbacks from the pulse rifle, but I don't know what, if anything, can nullify that.  Do magboots work?  If so, add some magboots to the Cairngorm.
whenever I play nukie, I always ditch the space suit and wear the armor vest you start with. It's a trade off between style + spacewear over armor and function

heavy op has very beefy armor and is another good option for survivability
Not sure about explosion resistance, but regarding making their suits biosuits - absolutely not. Do NOT do this.
This would essentially let nukies blindly carpet bomb the immediate area surrounding the nuke, and would provide extreme area denial for 0 effort.

Sarin grenades are already incredibly powerful when used appropriately; they do not need to be made indirectly stronger whatsoever.
i'd like to buff the class armour.
Hm. Perhaps a class designed to be a battle support for larger station pops? Kinda like a bard in D&D. Additionally, stun reductions for nukies would be nice, though not too much, since that's really all the crew has at their disposal until they stun a nukie and get their shit.

With the 'bard' type class, maybe they're just a Wizard's Federation wizard with a Syndicate contract, and they get a few spells to their disposal - not wizard spells, but bardic spells. AoE spells like battle rallying, stun removing, and bullet warding; directed spells like Healing Hands (minor healing, should not out-do the combat medic), Thunderblast (knocks a single person back), etc.. Should be a weak target but a formidable one.
(06-05-2020, 04:24 PM)aft2001 Wrote: Hm. Perhaps a class designed to be a battle support for larger station pops? Kinda like a bard in D&D. Additionally, stun reductions for nukies would be nice, though not too much, since that's really all the crew has at their disposal until they stun a nukie and get their shit.

With the 'bard' type class, maybe they're just a Wizard's Federation wizard with a Syndicate contract, and they get a few spells to their disposal - not wizard spells, but bardic spells. AoE spells like battle rallying, stun removing, and bullet warding; directed spells like Healing Hands (minor healing, should not out-do the combat medic), Thunderblast (knocks a single person back), etc.. Should be a weak target but a formidable one.

I think this is a great idea. I think it would also help to make nukies more enjoyable for players who don't love combat or consider themselves particularly robust, as their focus would become supporting the other team members. 

It'd also make it more interesting for the crew - they'd need to focus on the support, or risk tougher nukies who could shake off more attacks.
(06-05-2020, 04:24 PM)aft2001 Wrote: Hm. Perhaps a class designed to be a battle support for larger station pops? Kinda like a bard in D&D. Additionally, stun reductions for nukies would be nice, though not too much, since that's really all the crew has at their disposal until they stun a nukie and get their shit.

Maybe it could be a literal bard, equipped with a deadly Syndicate Saxophone. Makes you think.
Oh no you figured out my other class idea