Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welded Lockers Don't Leak Miasma
I was running around looking for corpses on a busy round and I was thinking about how challenging it was to find bodies way back when because they didn't leak miasma everywhere. I open every container out of pure habit just in case there's a fresh dead guy in there, but it's kinda rare for that to happen. What if lockers you welded shut just didn't leak any miasma? It's still suspicious as balls, but I feel like it would a little less revealing than a big purple cloud in the area.

What do you think?
It's not a bad idea, but I feel something should be noted on this.

When someone is welded inside of a locker, they still breath in whatever oxygen is there. In order for it to make sense, this would have to not be a thing, which could be problematic for players looking for a non-lethal way to deal with a problem.

While I don't think anyone is looking for "Realism" in a farty space man game, Consistency is still something to consider.
Makes sense for lockers. I would like to see this also work for body bags, coffins, morgue containers, and cryo tubes as well.
How about a different approach?

Like with gift wraps ... items and scissors,...

For a locker to have its slits welded shut one has to carry a metal sheet in one hand and an active welder in the other.
Then proceed to click on the locker with the metal-sheet.

Then we could keep the breatheability seperate from the state of the locker itself being weld shut.

We are left with four different states in comparison to the current two.

1. locker un-welded with un-welded slits
2. locker welded with un-welded slits
3. locker un-welded with welded slits
4. locker welded with welded slits
if we're gonna have large storage containers block smoke/fluid seepage in certain conditions, i think it would be cool if bleed/miasma emitted by things inside the locker was stored inside the locker's reagents and then expelled when it was opened
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/1025
(06-09-2020, 05:55 AM)Sov Wrote: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/1025

[Image: z6qqd7W.png]

Simply putting them inside a locker (which has air-slits) or a disposal bin (which is usually open) should not block the airflow or miasma-spread. I am all with Flaborized on this one.

Some extra steps like welding the lockers slits shut via adding a plate to the locker with a welder-in-hand should be necessary to hide a locker inside a corpse.
Otherwise we have to check every locker again.

Checking every air-slit-welded locker should not be too bad in comparison to checking EVERY locker.
(06-01-2020, 07:22 PM)Technature Wrote: When someone is welded inside of a locker, they still breath in whatever oxygen is there. In order for it to make sense, this would have to not be a thing, which could be problematic for players looking for a non-lethal way to deal with a problem.

I believe lings can also sting through lockers, so that would also be a thing to be removed.