Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
im coding teeth and want feedback
Cyanide capsule is a must have for syndicates! Also perhaps a one use 'pocket' tooth used the same way - undetectable but can hold the smallest items and they can be retrieved by breaking/chomping down on the tooth.
I think ursulaMajor talked about ideas she had for a cyanide tooth a while ago, maybe she'd have some ideas for this.
Erev, that suggestion is old as time and I love it. I believe it was when Nuke Ops came with cyanide pills.

As per the suggestion itself, I'd mirror what Flourish said in that it really shouldn't make too much of a difference to a spacemans life apart from flavor text. Like here's the bad way of going about it:

1. Implementing 32 teeth. That's just too many.
2. Missing teeth has a drawbacks or losing a tooth causes bleed damage. 
3. Being able to view teeth upon examine. It would flood the chat.
4. Complicated dental surgery. Just no.

Here's a good way of going about it:

1. L & R Molars, L & R Wisdom, L & R Canine and L & R incisor. That's 8 teeth.
2. Missing teeth has flavor text. I.e: Sundance gives a gummy grin. Teeth has a low % knocked out after blows to head. Perhaps certain stimulants causes your teeth to fall out.
3. No teeth whatsoever has speech issues, and perhaps a slowdown on eating. Nothing too hazardous.
4. Vampires canines are tied in with their powers, that I like (but can't be knocked out)
5. Teeth can be examined by using a dentists mirror. 
6. Dental surgery is straightforward. Examine using dentists mirror. Painkiller optional. Insert missing tooth type from a box of dental implants. Screwdriver (I have a dental implant, it's literally screwed into my head). Brute damage from surgery is minor, unless they're missing all their teeth, in which case slap em with some brute med.
7. Teeth sprites should be relatively small, 3-4 px
Teeth in ss13 makes me feel uneasy. Idk why.
Tooth Fairy gimmick job should operate like Discworld's tooth fairies, and need to collect/harvest teeth for rewards. big grin
Discount Dans - Sleepy Tooth-Fairy - Surprise job!

Dentistry for free - because it's what's available!
Dentures, chattering teeth, teeth spiders, this burger just took a bite out of me.
It was inevitable.

It'd be cool if we could hide implants/trackers and chemicals in teeth (cyanide capsule anyone?).